project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: I can not hire soldiers, workers ans scientists now?  (Read 3605 times)

dmitry_ant

I can not hire soldiers, workers ans scientists now?
« on: February 09, 2007, 03:42:12 pm »
In DOS version I could always hire as many soliers as I need. Now this is not available :evil:  ? Or it is available on some conditions?

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 04:09:01 pm »
in ufo:ai you get new soldiers from the nations you supported - if the nations are not happy with your work they won't support you. this means, you won't get new soldiers.

Alex

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 04:55:43 pm »
I think having nations send you soldiers is a good improvement over the original, its a definite incentive to take care of your soldiers...

However, would there not be the chance that you could "buy" mercenaries - at an elevated price perhaps, to supplement your official stocks?

When I get more than 19 soldiers, scientists, workers or medics, I can't scroll down the list to see more...  It seems I can only ever see the first 19 regardless of whether I have 30 or 40 staff given to me at any time.

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 05:57:15 pm »
Quote from: "Alex"
When I get more than 19 soldiers, scientists, workers or medics, I can't scroll down the list to see more...

You are talking about 2.0 version, don't you? Mattn implemented nice scrolling for Hire menu which is in 2.1, so expect unexpected in upcoming 2.1 release.

Alex

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 12:57:55 pm »
Quote from: "Zenerka"
Quote from: "Alex"
When I get more than 19 soldiers, scientists, workers or medics, I can't scroll down the list to see more...

You are talking about 2.0 version, don't you? Mattn implemented nice scrolling for Hire menu which is in 2.1, so expect unexpected in upcoming 2.1 release.

Cool I was wondering about this, glad its been fixed up :)