project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Review in the Czech Republic  (Read 4480 times)

LordBexr

Review in the Czech Republic
« on: January 25, 2007, 10:46:02 pm »
Hi, i´m a big fan of your project and i´m interested in minimally for two years since first playable demo. I´want to signalize on one review written in Czech Republic. This game was judged like AAA title and became 60 percent. In the article is written this...good for hardcore players - 80 percent and next 20 maybe in the future, when the game will be done and 40 percent for new players, who doesn´t know old x-com. So, average is sixty. URL´s

http://www.czechgamer.com/recenze/ufo-alien-invasion.html
http://spicy.libimseti.cz/mag.php?a=mag_c&id=1589

GOOD LUCK!!!

inquisiteur2

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 07:01:56 am »
cant read czech...but pretty long review with very nice pics.

LordBexr

Some suggestions
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 04:51:20 pm »
Thanks. It was many hours of sweet working. I have a few points for better playing. Sorry about my english =)
1) Ufopedia - described finished researches
2) Earth - 3D map of our planet is much more better than 2D map
3) Building base costs same money when you build everywhere...it should be differrent, for example Europe - cheap, antarktida - expensive
4) Grants from states - i miss a table with informations, how much money i get from every state and if its more or less than in month ago. And also information about satisfaction with my work...it should depend on grants
5) When i fire down aliens ship, i want to land survey around place where that ship falled down. There should be a random generated mision
6) Bigger differences in view if i play mission in the night or in the day
7) When soldier get injured in the mission and he is still alive, he could faint (hard injured) and lose next health points until he will get some medical care. After mission he should be some times unussable due to his recovery

I think everything except these severel points is super and your game is very funny and clever. I hope, that my points will be repaired in some of next versions od the game ;-)
Thank you and be good :o)

LordBexr

O, i forgott
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 05:00:43 pm »
8) I want to get alien equipment from missions on my base. Quantity of  equipment should depend on number of storage rooms in the base. I want to choose, which equipment i will sell and which i use for my mission. For example dead bodies of aliens could be a good source of reception. And on the other side i will need aliens alloys for building a better ships and armors and so on ;-)

boveele

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 12:13:37 pm »
See.... I am not the only one who loves this game.

Respectfully,
H0Z3R

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 06:51:01 pm »
some of the features you mentioned above are already implemented

i'm currently working on the 3d geoscape, too (but low priority atm)

just have a look at the latest development versions ar mattn.ninex.info

Nikron

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 12:51:38 pm »
i see that you are working on it: not working.

when im playing with the Alien campaign, i have to kill the aliens before the kill the humans?

anyway, the texts simply dis(s?)apeard from the game: when i start a new game, something Intro_1, Intro_2, Intro_3, and something like these appear. plus, in the ufopedia, simply nothing appear.

if i switch on the texture comparison, then the terrain (in tactical fight) do not apper.

LordBexr

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 11:02:59 pm »
Yes. They´re working and that game will be fantastic. This version is too great and i´m looking forward to the final version. BIG THX the team

LordBexr

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 08:45:36 am »
The final result increased on 80 percent after compare with ufo afterlight, which gets around 80 and it´s worse than AI

http://www.czechgamer.com/clanek.php?sekce=recenze&id_clanku=212#diskuze