Monthly update for June, 2017
- #3860 Show more stats about aircraft in market
- #5148 Request confirmation on Abort/Restart mission actions
- fix delete savegame confirmation popup (missing include)
- Fix WepAPI authentication popup invalidates login
- Fix #5662 WebAPI server sends invalid response
- Convert Market UI to LUA
- Reduce window header height to UI2 style
- Rework initial settings popup
- Revive Tip of the day popup
- And more UI2 scripting.
- Moved some messages to the client side, should help with #5624.
- #5663 Updated French translation by Damyen
In total, 17 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in June.
Monthly update for May, 2017
- Fix skill panel position on recruit soldier window
- #5658 Request confirmation on destructive savegame actions
- Fix #5236 previously built SAM site description show in base facilities UI
- Make sure that error popup isn't closed automatically on loadgame errors
- Add input validation on savegame filename and title
- #5522 Show base names as tooltip on the baselayouts
- Removed unused UI1 style Base summary screen
- Allow to jump to the previous visible enemy via RMB and to cycle visible enemies with the mousewheel
- Fix #5660 Multiplayer screen crashes on a missing UI component
- Fix segfault on determining reactionfire mode when soldier has no weapon Debian #861979
- Fix #5512 Missing mail headers for certain research notifications
- Fix #5418 Do not regenerate existing, unhired pilots each month
- make (dynamic) UI windows destroyable
- Add debug console function to list UI windows: ui_listwindows
- Prevent SEGFAULT on running ui_tree nonexistentwindow console command
- Modified _assets.ufo (UI script) to use ufox extensions
- Extract savegame-info UI panel to a new module to reduce code duplication
- Fixes to CL_ConvertSoundFromEvent().
- Aircraft repair messages should be added to debug logs only
- fix some potential memory leaks in Campaign
- [cmake] Use CMAKE_DL_LIBS instead of hardcoded '-ldl'
- Switch travis builds to trusty.
In total, 29 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in May.
Monthly update for April, 2017
- Removed old UI border from tech images - by Adler
- Attempt to fix #5655 Switching reaction fire mode doesn't work
- Rework New/Load/Save campaign UI and its backend:
- Select default difficulty on New Campaign dialog
- Allow more than 9 savegames
- Show quicksave in Load Campaign screen
- Close back item list on Market screen via clicking again the category
- Eliminated some compilation warnings
- Do NO type detection on LUA confunc parameters, it corrupts the data
- Fix on_windowopened LUA Event not receiving ui_push parameters
- Unregister the console command on removing a confunc
In total, 17 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in April.
Phoenix Point: new strategy game by Julian Gollop
Julian Gollop, the creator of the original X-COM series, is at it again. His next game, Phoenix Point, is a strategy game following closely in the footsteps of the original X-COM, composed of real-time management and turn-based tactical battles as you fight a new menace on a world scale. Featuring mutating aliens! Procedural destructible maps! Factions! Geoscape! And more!
Similar to his previous game Chaos Reborn, he will be going the crowdfunding route. You can read more details about the game and support it here: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/phoenix-point
Monthly update for March, 2017
- Update firemode list when switching actors.
- Fix passing empty strings to LUA confuncs.
- Converted hud_.ufo to LUA.
- Patch #5650: Updated French translations by Damyen.
- Updated German translations by BeastXXL.
In total, 6 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in March.
Monthly update for February, 2017
- Add support for dropdown windows to LUA UI.
- Try to fix an UI expression type error.
- Convert default HUD to LUA (hud_default.ufo)
- Feature request #4114 Nations graph colors should be consistent with Geoscape colors
- Fix #5641 ("Lower the level" doesn't work)
- Fixes parameter passing to inherited LUA confuncs.
- Fix data node integer property.
- Use correct method to get the node path on the ufox LUA library.
- Fixed typo in the LUA UI interface file => regen bindings and runtime.
- Attempt to fix #5643 Wrong message from misc_mission entity
- Fix #5644 misc_mission trigger crash
- Set default value for radius in misc_mission entity to 3
- Removed [+transport] semiRMA map - all assets were moved to other map themes
- [+urban] Some fixes and improvements in laboratory map tile to address #5646
- [+africa] Fixed placement of particle weapon models of Gunboat UFO
- [+industrial] Moved the storage area of the semiRMA +transport map to +industrial
- [+industrial] Added the office building of the +transport semiRMA to +industrial map theme
- [+solarplant] Some minor adjustments regarding texture scaling and alignment
- [+solarplant] Replaced Herakles dropship by actual prefab
- [prefabs] Added misc_sound to prefab of alien battery
- Fixed #5637 Broken bridge, map "ambush to a military convoy"
- #5639 French translation update by Damyen
In total, 28 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in February.
Monthly update for January, 2017
- UI2: Fix title spacing on Main Menu.
- Split precache list to silence warning.
- Fix the actor fall event.
- Make actors fall when the func_breakable they're standing on is destroyed (See #5634).
In total, 6 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in January.
Monthly update for November, 2016
- Fix plural form for employee salary messages
- Fix a HUD message
- Converted campaign_main screen to LUA
- Convert quickload popup to LUA
- Converted endgame screens to LUA
- Convert exit campaign popup to LUA
In total, 6 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in November.
Monthly update for October, 2016
- Reworked Tutorial by Damyen patch #5613
- Fixed UI text spacing on skirmish team selection screen; bug #5604
- Fixed UI text spacing on the login popup; bug #5604
- Fixed UI text spacing on the research screen; bug #5604
- Make it possible to draw borders around 2D objects in intro/tutorial/etc.. sequences
- Fixed bug #5607 Crash on opening Alien Containment in special circumstances
- patch #5619 fix unsafe string copies and possible memory leak fix in script parser
- Prevent segfault when trying to create a MP server without network connection.
- Fix music selection of main screen
- Build system
- patch #5616 patch #5617 dependency fixes for BSD systems by devnexen
- Re-generated language files to match the actual source (update-po)
- Updated French translations by Damyen
- Updated Hungarian translation
In total, 20 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in October.
Monthly update for September, 2016
- Remove unneeded console spam.
- Silence warning when compiling with SDL2.
- Silence warning with glibc >= 2.20.
- Don't call G_ShotMorale() for mock shots.
- Enable morale loss from nearby shots.
- Applied updated patch #5603: Updated French translation by Damyen.
- Applied patch #5603: Updated French translation by Damyen.
In total, 7 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in September.
Monthly update for August, 2016
- Fix aircraft not being repaired above 50%
- Fix crash on loading certain incompatible (modded) savegames
- Minor correction in Spanish translation
- Small fix in mail client window
- Fix numpad handling with SDL2
- Prevent market window from showing outdated data
- Fix market window buy spinner
- Apply patch #5601 (Updated French translation) by Damien
- Missed some models
In total, 9 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in August.
Monthly update for July, 2016
- Tweak event timing so death animation can complete.
- Don't repeat death sound each round for stunned actors.
- Update Spanish translation.
- Don't try to deselect removed items in market screen.
- Fixed HP bar related error in hire screen.
- Play death sound for hidden actors too.
- Fixed #3300 (Dead alien left standing)
- [Blender md2 addon] Prevent possible division by zero.
- Fixed some gettext warnings.
- Updated *.po files.
- Don't play impact sounds if impact is off-map.
- Let hurt sounds be played for hidden shots.
- A bit more work with misc_mission.
- Less ambiguous time remaining test for installations. (See #4958)
- Move time remainig to bottom of base building (See #5438)
- Adjust not working base installation messages (See #5117)
In total, 20 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in July.
Monthly update for June, 2016
- Bumped sniper weapons range.
- Let shot impact sounds and character hurt/death sounds play even if player can't see them.
- Bug fixes
- #5523 Wrong header in transfer list.
- #5534 Transfer notification leaks UFO type.
- #5544 Only one character able to activate a mission.
- #5554 Aircraft transfer capacity bug.
- #5564 Aircraft can be bought even if it isn't in market.
- #5572 Don't collect carried virtual items.
- #5575 Match UFO descriptions to actual capabilities.
- #5587 Aircraft home base.
- Updated Russian and Spanish translations.
In total, 22 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in June.
Vanethian - the guy behind a few of our music tracks has some news for you:
- Jump into another world con Kayla Shalev featuring in Manuel Marino HIT SONG “Love is Forever”! Share and send to your friends :) Thanks http://soundcloud.com/manuelmarino/love-is-forever
Development update, 16 May 2016
- Greatly increased chance of RF against partially covered targets.
- Adjusted wounds display in battlescape.
- Call the use function for all misc_mission in a group.
- Fix Popup Close button size and padding
- [+solarplant] removed duplicated spawnpoints from Herakles dropship (#5578)
- Applied patch #5569 (German translation update) by ronny.
- Applied patch #5557 (German translation update) by quazgar.
- Applied patch #5570 (Danish translation update) by joedalton.
In total, 11 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository recently.
The Ninex.info Server Team is once again in need of your help.
The server is currently hosting Two projects: "UFO: Alien Invasion," and "OpenXcom."
To continue providing hosting services we will need to raise funds for the coming year, to pay for both the service and possibly some new hardware, or a new server computer altogether, especially if such services are to be provided free of advertisements on the project websites.
In addition to the two projects mentioned, we also host additional programming and development tools for the community, including a snapshot autobuilder for OpenXcom, and a buildbot for UFO: Alien Invasion.
We also welcome new projects that are freely available and preferably open-source in nature, and hope to continue to provide tools for the community to grow, but we will need your help and support to do so.
Please consider a donation for our cause, which you can give via the following link:
For European Users (EUR):
For USA Users (USD):
We sincerely thank you for any support you provide.
Monthly update for January, 2016
- Fixed #5468 Add confirmation popup for destroying an Alien Container
- Fixed #5568 (Reaction fire doesn't work well)
- LUA UI integration: fix on main.ufo (leftover from debugging)
- LUA UI integration: update ufox lua library
- Extracted HUD inventory/stats window to own file and converted it to LUA.
- Fixed parsing of confunc arguments in UI_ExecuteLuaConFunc()
- Add LUA based confuncs to iherited confunc test unit.
- Add ufo.get_window to LUA UI API.
- Trying to get confuncs overriden from LUA work.
- Enable inheritance for UI nodes created from LUA.
- Better error handling for LUA UI utility functions.
- [Blender md2 addon] Avoid wobbling in static vertices from MD2 files exported via the Blender plugin
In total, 16 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in January.
Monthly update for December, 2015
- Fixed #5562 (Stunned marker has no levelflags)
- Map [+forest] - fixed #5563: impassable tiles on a few maps
- Map [+forest] - fixed some glitches in ground around well in fr_convoy.map
- Map [+desert] - updated des_craft_crash_gunboat.map
- Maps [+industrial] - some additional cover in ind_gasstation_01.map
- Maps [+b] - prevent Phalanx disabling the wallbreak from inside the powerplant
- Maps [+b] added message and desc properties to misc_mission in powerplant.map
- Prefabs - updated cars/transport.map
- added prefab for Abrams tank model
- added *.md2 version of *.obj files for abrams model
In total, 11 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in December.
UFOAI is now officially in Debian
Thanks a lot to Markus for the hard work to make ufoai officially available in Debian: http://tracker.debian.org/pkg/ufoai
This is a great milestone in the development and I would like to thank everyone who made this possible.
Geoscape and Sun in 2.3-dev version.
Xenowar Open Source 3D PC/Android turn based tactical combat game.