project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Medpack  (Read 4756 times)

Offline lugalbandak

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Medpack
« on: October 16, 2012, 02:08:41 pm »
Hello guys,

Im trying to search on forums what the different is with 2.4 and 2.5 about medpacks.

seems with dev 2.5 when i heal a wounded soldier he doesnt get any health , or does it only stop bleeding and thus preventing him to die?

tnx

Offline Crystan

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • UFO:AI Lead Sound Artist
    • View Profile
    • http://crysea.cr.funpic.de/
Re: Medpack
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 04:14:51 pm »
or does it only stop bleeding and thus preventing him to die?
Afaik yes.

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 09:24:32 pm »
Unless thee's been more changes as the new healing system is still undergoing development, yes it does heal some pts in addition to wounds but not to the extent it did in previous versions. So a badly wounded character will need hospital time when back at the base. From what I've read the reasoning is that the field healing is more like triage to stabilize & that full healing should be done at base.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 06:21:10 am »
The first-stage implementation of the wounds system follows this guidlines. There is also this forum thread where DarkRain (he coded it) gives some further information.

Offline GPS51

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 02:05:52 am »
It appears to stop bleeding and give 3 hp per "heal" back to the injured soldier up to a certain point. In my case I healed a soldier from 10-16 hp no matter how many times I used the "heal" action on him.

Offline Latino210

• Squad Leader
  • UFORadiant mapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 08:56:36 pm »
This is fine, I never liked seeing a soldier patching up a trooper onthe field after he was almost gutted alive by a Plasma shot.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 08:55:36 am »
It appears to stop bleeding and give 3 hp per "heal" back to the injured soldier up to a certain point. In my case I healed a soldier from 10-16 hp no matter how many times I used the "heal" action on him.

This means your soldier had two wounds bleeding. First time using the medipack heals the first wound and gives three HP, second time heals the second wound and also gives three HP. Future attempts have no impact, as there is no more wound to treat.

Offline GPS51

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 10:33:12 pm »
Ah I wondered about that, thanks!

Offline Anarch Cassius

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 01:55:13 am »
This is actually really re-assuring. I just got 2.4 and am loving it but I noticed right off the bat the Med kits were overpowered. I'm glad to see it's already being fixed.

The only two things I could suggest for the system would be maybe limiting uses of health kits and the possibility of a paramedic Skill and the ability to specialize troops as medics. In the campaign in would take some time to get a medic good enough to do serious HP recovery and in multiplayer it would give you a bit better recovery since MP characters are badass and downtime doesn't exist.

With the stun rules dedicated medics would also be good for bringing aliens in alive.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 06:32:51 am »
Something similar was proposed here.