project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Lost Game  (Read 4767 times)

Offline Wh1sper

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Lost Game
« on: June 21, 2012, 07:33:11 pm »
I lost the Game, but do not know why?

My money is quite ok, most nations are above neutral, only america is tolerant. I sold a lot of ufos to america in the hope to do it right.
I have 2 functional bases, shot down a lot of ufos, only the 1110 mph ufos are leaving alone.
did al terror missions and nearly all landing missions. so what is the key I missed?

Offline PurpleYoshi

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Game
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 07:35:32 pm »
Did you skip missions and let people die?  Perhaps you need to not only keep nations happy, but save a certain percent of civillians. 

Probably not, though.

Offline Wh1sper

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 07:59:13 pm »
I'm not sure, think more than 95% of all mission I took.....
In all missions some ziv. persons died, but never all. Let say 50% max.
My soldiers killed 3 ziv  in the whole game ... this could not be to many, couldn't it?

Last savegame attached
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 10:35:31 pm by Wh1sper »

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 10:20:10 pm »
At which difficulty are you playing?

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 10:30:43 pm »
attach your savegame - without it, we can only guess about the reason.

Offline Wh1sper

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 10:36:46 pm »
I'played the standard difficulty.
Last Savegame  attached in posting above.
here the second last savegame

Offline Zyrkahn

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 05:25:50 am »
I lost this way as well.  If I remember correctly I three countries were neutral, the rest were pleased or content.  The most civilians I lost was three in the highrise terror mission.  The last few I lost zero.  The difficulty was set at normal.  I played every mission manually.  Also, selling UFO's to countries didn't seem make them any happier.  Definitely not as much as it did in 2.3 anyway.  And trying to stop every UFO that flies over the earth is really a pain in the beginning.  Is normal supposed to be this difficult?  In case it's not I've attached my last save.  If it is, how do I keep nations happy?  Do I need to build more hangars and radar towers in the beginning and try to swarm UFO's with stilettos/saracens?

Edit: NM, got the hang of it now I think.  Two Stilettos with all shiva cannons seem to do the trick.  My response team doesn't have time to take a bathroom break with all the crashed UFO's everywhere, but once my second base is finished that should change.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 09:10:33 am by Zyrkahn »

Offline msal

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 12:49:15 pm »
The problem is not in missions, problem is in civilians.If aliens kill plenty of them game will end sooner than u think.Also try to keep the nations on pleased or happy.I had 4 countries on Happy and rest on pleased and i lost because lot of civilians where killed.

Offline msal

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 06:04:06 pm »
I have 3 countrie on pleased all other on happy

Offline danninemx

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 09:13:17 am »
I definitely think the "losing conditions" need to be more clearly defined and presented to the players, at least on the difficulty setting page.

Or perhaps the regional happiness scale can be improved so that it can begin to serve as a comprehensive and reliable gauge of the player's performance. (To simplistically put it, "as long as the world is happy, you should not lose.")

Loss due to measurable incompetence is one thing, but losing and not understanding why is frustration without merit.   :-\

Offline geisthund

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 10:10:16 am »
maybe a warning message when the player is near to losing conditions, explaining what they need to do?