- 1 Monthly update for November, 2017
- 2 Monthly update for October, 2017
- 3 The Ninex.info Server Team is once again in need of your help.
- 4 Monthly update for July, 2017
- 5 Monthly update for June, 2017
- 6 Monthly update for May, 2017
- 7 Monthly update for April, 2017
- 8 Phoenix Point: new strategy game by Julian Gollop
- 9 Monthly update for March, 2017
- 10 Monthly update for February, 2017
- 11 Monthly update for January, 2017
Monthly update for November, 2017
- Converted battlescape radar popup to Lua
- Add stun damage and reserved TUs to soldier dropdown on HUD
- Re-implemented base screen in Lua
- Converted research screen to Lua
- Fix segfault on clicking Destroy building button
- Converted several geoscape popups to Lua
- Add missing cost and build time to installation build popup (#5242)
- UI Engine
- Expose paddingRight property of Geoscape node to Lua
- Add support for parameters to ufo.push_window() Lua call
- Removed unused todo, ekg, base UI nodes
- Eliminate UI warning when node was deleted
- Finish onwindowactivate() UI event for Lua callbacks
- Updated Spanish translation
In total, 76 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in November.
Monthly update for October, 2017
- Re-implemented soldier status popup in hud.
- Show results screen after battle in multiplayer mode.
- Modernize Geoscape click popup generation.
- Updated polish and french translations.
- Updated game's .po and .pot files.
- Bug fixes
- Various code improvements under the hood.
- Several improvements to build system.
In total, 64 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in October.
The Ninex.info Server Team is once again in need of your help.
The server is currently hosting Two projects: "UFO: Alien Invasion," and "OpenXcom."
To continue providing hosting services we will need to raise funds for the coming year, to pay for both the service and possibly some new hardware, or a new server computer altogether, especially if such services are to be provided free of advertisements on the project websites.
In addition to the two projects mentioned, we also host additional programming and development tools for the community, including a snapshot autobuilder for OpenXcom, and a buildbot for UFO: Alien Invasion.
We also welcome new projects that are freely available and preferably open-source in nature, and hope to continue to provide tools for the community to grow, but we will need your help and support to do so.
Please consider a donation for our cause, which you can give via the following link:
We sincerely thank you for any support you provide.
Monthly update for July, 2017
- Convert new base/installation popups to LUA
- Convert Capacity overload popup to LUA
- Convert Transferlist popup to LUA
- Convert transfer UI to LUA, separate transfer popups
- UI Engine
- Expose lineheight parameter of an option node to LUA
- expose focus() and unfocus() method of a textEntry node to LUA
- Fix selectbox node's family-tree in LUA (isa ui_AbstractOption_t)
In total, 10 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in July.
Monthly update for June, 2017
- #3860 Show more stats about aircraft in market
- #5148 Request confirmation on Abort/Restart mission actions
- fix delete savegame confirmation popup (missing include)
- Fix WepAPI authentication popup invalidates login
- Fix #5662 WebAPI server sends invalid response
- Convert Market UI to LUA
- Reduce window header height to UI2 style
- Rework initial settings popup
- Revive Tip of the day popup
- And more UI2 scripting.
- Moved some messages to the client side, should help with #5624.
- #5663 Updated French translation by Damyen
In total, 17 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in June.
Monthly update for May, 2017
- Fix skill panel position on recruit soldier window
- #5658 Request confirmation on destructive savegame actions
- Fix #5236 previously built SAM site description show in base facilities UI
- Make sure that error popup isn't closed automatically on loadgame errors
- Add input validation on savegame filename and title
- #5522 Show base names as tooltip on the baselayouts
- Removed unused UI1 style Base summary screen
- Allow to jump to the previous visible enemy via RMB and to cycle visible enemies with the mousewheel
- Fix #5660 Multiplayer screen crashes on a missing UI component
- Fix segfault on determining reactionfire mode when soldier has no weapon Debian #861979
- make (dynamic) UI windows destroyable
- Add debug console function to list UI windows: ui_listwindows
- Prevent SEGFAULT on running ui_tree nonexistentwindow console command
- Modified _assets.ufo (UI script) to use ufox extensions
- Extract savegame-info UI panel to a new module to reduce code duplication
- Fixes to CL_ConvertSoundFromEvent().
- Aircraft repair messages should be added to debug logs only
- fix some potential memory leaks in Campaign
- [cmake] Use CMAKE_DL_LIBS instead of hardcoded '-ldl'
- Switch travis builds to trusty.
In total, 29 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in May.
Monthly update for April, 2017
- Removed old UI border from tech images - by Adler
- Attempt to fix #5655 Switching reaction fire mode doesn't work
- Rework New/Load/Save campaign UI and its backend:
- Select default difficulty on New Campaign dialog
- Allow more than 9 savegames
- Show quicksave in Load Campaign screen
- Close back item list on Market screen via clicking again the category
- Rework New/Load/Save campaign UI and its backend:
- Eliminated some compilation warnings
- Do NO type detection on LUA confunc parameters, it corrupts the data
- Fix on_windowopened LUA Event not receiving ui_push parameters
- Unregister the console command on removing a confunc
In total, 17 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in April.
Phoenix Point: new strategy game by Julian Gollop
Julian Gollop, the creator of the original X-COM series, is at it again. His next game, Phoenix Point, is a strategy game following closely in the footsteps of the original X-COM, composed of real-time management and turn-based tactical battles as you fight a new menace on a world scale. Featuring mutating aliens! Procedural destructible maps! Factions! Geoscape! And more!
Similar to his previous game Chaos Reborn, he will be going the crowdfunding route. You can read more details about the game and support it here: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/phoenix-point
Monthly update for March, 2017
- Update firemode list when switching actors.
- Fix passing empty strings to LUA confuncs.
- Converted hud_.ufo to LUA.
- Patch #5650: Updated French translations by Damyen.
- Updated German translations by BeastXXL.
In total, 6 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in March.
Monthly update for February, 2017
- Add support for dropdown windows to LUA UI.
- Try to fix an UI expression type error.
- Convert default HUD to LUA (hud_default.ufo)
- Feature request #4114 Nations graph colors should be consistent with Geoscape colors
- Fix #5641 ("Lower the level" doesn't work)
- Fixes parameter passing to inherited LUA confuncs.
- Fix data node integer property.
- Use correct method to get the node path on the ufox LUA library.
- Fixed typo in the LUA UI interface file => regen bindings and runtime.
- Removed [+transport] semiRMA map - all assets were moved to other map themes
- [+urban] Some fixes and improvements in laboratory map tile to address #5646
- [+africa] Fixed placement of particle weapon models of Gunboat UFO
- [+industrial] Moved the storage area of the semiRMA +transport map to +industrial
- [+industrial] Added the office building of the +transport semiRMA to +industrial map theme
- [+solarplant] Some minor adjustments regarding texture scaling and alignment
- [+solarplant] Replaced Herakles dropship by actual prefab
- [prefabs] Added misc_sound to prefab of alien battery
- Fixed #5637 Broken bridge, map "ambush to a military convoy"
- #5639 French translation update by Damyen
In total, 28 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in February.
Monthly update for January, 2017
- UI2: Fix title spacing on Main Menu.
- Split precache list to silence warning.
- Fix the actor fall event.
- Make actors fall when the func_breakable they're standing on is destroyed (See #5634).
In total, 6 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in January.