We use gettext for our translations.
- Grab the latest po file from our repository.
- Open it in poedit.
- Submit a patch with the zipped po file as attachment.
When the UFO gameplay changes, many texts may need adjustments. Hopefully someone does that to the english version. If he does, all the affected texts in all the other languages will be marked as 'fuzzy'. It's very tedious to look through long fuzzy messages only to find that merely half a sentence was changed.
Here's what you can do:
- get a one year old version of the ufoai-en.po
- load both that and the current ufoai-en.po in your editor (eg. C::B)
- use the editor's find cmd to find the fuzzy message in both files
- copy both messages into WinMerge and compare them
WinMerge can well detect that one changed paragraph, sentence or sometimes even single character. Unfortunately WinMerge isn't available on Linux.