This is still TODO and needs major cleanup.
- Decide what version number the release needs. See #Version number system below.
- Check if all locations that contain the version number are up to date. If not, update the files so they reflect the current version number.
- Create tag with current version-number.
- Update Changelog
- Update News section on the homepage with the release information and available release-files.
- Create new tags for the bug tracker.
- Post/email news announcements as described here: Releases/Announcements
Version number system
|Releases/Branch-names||Release Candidates||Development Releases|
Development releases (unstable)
This version numbers are used for unstable (pre-RC) releases for beta-testing.
Release candidates (mostly stable)
This version numbers are used for pre-stable releases of the code. i.e the code shoudl be feature-frozen.
Note: do not use uppercase letters when using this in filenames & SVN.
Release versions (stable)
This version numbers are used for stable releases in the branches.
For each Release and Release Candidate we'll create a 'tag' in the repository so it can be accessed again later on.