Proposals/Obsolete Proposals/Stats, Experience and Mission Count in 2.5-dev
This is a work-in-progress and specific values are likely to change. Please consult the discussion page for more details.
This is a proposal for improving soldier development for 2.5 or 2.6. It addresses the slow pace with which soldier stats increase and the way in which some improved stats are pointless or not significant enough.
Soldiers gain experience in each stat for participating in battle and performing certain actions (such as shooting an alien) relavent to that stat. The game then converts this experience into stat points which are added onto the soldier's initial stat.
The factors effecting soldier development consist of the following:
- The number of missions they participate in.
- The number and type of actions they perform in those missions.
- The experience they get for each of these actions. (See: Skills/Improvement
- The equation which converts experience into stat points.
- The soldier's initial stat points.
- The equations which use a soldier's stat points to effect actions on the battlefield (ie - how the Accuracy stat effects a soldier's actual accuracy).