|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|title=Monthly update for September, 2015
|title=Monthly update for September, 2015
Revision as of 04:08, 10 November 2015
"Subtle Strike" release
Subtle Strike, the third and final in a series UFOAI-related books written by Gary and Christy Bonn, will be released on 13-14 Nov. On these dates it will be available for free as a Kindle download. (Midnight to midnight US Pacific time.)
Also check out the free chapters of action available at http://garybonn.com/scifi
Monthly update for September, 2015
Thanks to contributions of hwoarangmy and mattn the project now supports MSVC 2013, CMake, and Travis as well as AppVeyor, while rxadmin added some further improvements to the lua-ui api. Beside the usual bugfixes we are still trying to provide a better battlescape experience by improving/fixing our maps.
- Apply Patch #5507 - Component Rate should have been a float
- Added EP-ammo for Riot Shotgun.
- Fixed bug #5494 - Statistics in some areas display incorrectly
- Fixed bug #5502 - [Battlescape] White octahedron artifact on dropping an item to the ground while no TU's left
- Fixed GEO_Click prototype
- Fixed SnapWeldVector in ufo2map
- Fixed bug #5492 - Game Error: CHRSH_CharGenAbilitySkills
- Fixed bug #5511 - Anti Alien Gas research mails have wrong sender portrait
- Added MSVC 2013 support.
- Added cmake support.
- Added Travis CI support.
- Added AppVeyor CI support.
- ui lua integration: ufox utility library for creating ui structures
- ui lua integration: fix for require custom loader
- Map [pipes_const] - added two entry points.
- Map [+alienb] - group mission objectives.
- Fixes and improvements in various maps :
In total, 41 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in September.
Forest map theme overhaul
As a part of our ongoing map revision project, in 2.6-dev the forest map got a completely new look. Some formerly stand-alone maps, like gate, eaglenest and small_house, found a new home within this map theme as well.
"Hive Mind" released
Hive Mind, the first in a series of three UFOAI-related books written by Gary and Christy Bonn, will be published 11-12 September 2015. The next two in the series on 9-10 Oct and 13-14 Nov. On these dates it will be available for free as a Kindle download. (Midnight to midnight US Pacific time.)
Meanwhile there are free chapters of action happening in parallel with the main plot. Check them out at http://garybonn.com/scifi
Monthly update for August, 2015
Lots of commits this month were due to the merge of the luaui branch. Thanks to rxadmin , drone-pl and DarkRain we now can use lua script to build ui elements. Also, we now have a basic implementation of mission targets for our maps.
- Don't use double literals for floats or integers.
- Variablizing max-min mission values
- Implemented the Component Rate variable.
- Try to fix R_UploadTexture for GLES
- Make the AI use the radius of a misc_mission it's planning to move to.
- Refactored AI_CheckForMissionTargets()
- Some fixes on the lua ai.
- Try to make the ai consider longer paths.
- Increase AI search radius.
- Basic implementation of mission targets.
- Build and Installation
- Removed not working configure flag from configure help.
- If building for OpenGL ES make sure to request version 1.
- Update to C::B projects.
- Fix build when using the --with-embedded-lua5.1 configure flag.
- Rename Mandriva spec to Mageia.
- Merged the luaui branch.
- Removed the (static) oriental map.
- Map [+oriental] - Update.
- Added mission targets to baseattack map.
- Map [+industrial] - Minor fix in ind_spedition_01.map.
- Map [excavation] - Update.
- Map [+frozen] - Updated texture scaling and alignment in st_i05.map.
- Map [+urban] - Updated ub_mart.map.
- Norwegian translation update.
In total, 189 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in August.
Monthly update for July, 2015
- Make dropships "Ready to drop soldiers" continue their mission on game load.
- Use actual airship size to check for hangar space for initial airships.
- Silence 'Can't delete the static node ...' warning.
- Set entBox *not* absBox before linking the edict!
- Set misc_mission(_alien) bounding box to values that make actual sense.
- Fix typo that prevented misc_mission_alien from spawning correctly.
- Only send the perish event to player that see the particle.
- Introduced G_MissionReset().
- Set the timer on the misc_mission, not on its trigger!
- Reset misc_mission timer if occupying actors die or leave the area.
- Removed misc_mission_alien, use misc_mission instead.
- Remove HP from misc_mission - doesn't work as intended.
- AI_IsOpponent() ==> Edict::isOpponent()
- Refactored G_MissionTouch()
- Don't reset the mission timer if a neutral unit enters the target area.
- Reworded some misc_mission related messages.
- Add the openpandora target to config.h.
- ./configure --help shouldn't lie to the user.
- Avoid using GL_QUADS for rendering weather effects.
- Fix the openpandora target.
- Use G_UseEdict().
- Check the correct misc_mission team.
- Allow simple 'bring item' missions without extra conditions.
- Disallow to group "bomb" misc_mission with other misc_mission.
- Allow a radius of one map cell for misc_mission.
- Don't let the enemy precense defuse my bomb.
- Prevent misc_mission with target edict from ending the mission.
- Don't mark misc_mission as solid.
- Added patch to support a refund when replacing base buildings.
- Return false not -1 to signal failure if return type is bool.
- Damage from triggers (fire fields and such) can cause wounds now.
- Bumped MAX_ROUTE_TUS.
- [Blender md2 addon] Bumped version.
- [Blender md2 addon] Should fix issues with shape keys and modifiers combo.
- [Blender md2 addon] Only import/export animation if there's an animation.
- [Blender md2 addon] Fix triangulation on Blender 2.7x, less dangling objects.
- [Blender md2 addon] Reordered importer a bit to silence warning.
- [Blender md2 addon] Generate palceholder image if texture can't be loaded.
- [uforadiant] Added stun gas entity to MoveLevelWalker.
- Overhaul of +forest map theme is nearly finished.
- Workaround for bug #3118 - ufo_corrupter transparent covering.
- Started updating the +baseattack map.
- Updated prefab of Firebird dropship (allow smoother movement alongside front section).
- Map [+baseattack] added some misc_mission target points for team 7.
- Map [+alienbase] added some misc_mission target points for team 1.
- Map [+mansion] added panic room and misc_mission target for team 1.
- Map [+frozen] fueldump map - aliens win if they can hold the depot for 10 turn
- Added misc_mission targets for team 7 to all Firebird dropships.
- Fixed clips in frozen/st_fueldump.map (causing black holes in floor below the Hummer).
- Removed (semi-RMA) oriental_mosque map (got rebuilt in +oriental).
- Map [+city3] removed lurking actorclips in Firebird dropship (fixes pathfinding).
- Italian translation update by Ares95_ITA.
In total, 61 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in July.
Monthly update for June, 2015
- General fixes and improvements (const variables, reduced scope, including some real nitpicks).
- Updated doxygen and comments.
- Check the return value from Com_FindNameType.
- Initial implementation of Com_ParseAircraftNames()
- Introduced Com_GetUfoIdsNum()
- Use Com_GetUfoIdsNum()
- Allow to script the initial aircraft for a campaign.
- Extracted to local variable (ufoIdsNum).
- Use Q_streq (instead strcmp).
- Use Com_sprintf (instead sprintf).
- Make aircraft scriptable.
- Make aircraft id parsing functions more generic.
- Only set rm_drop if the map supports the dropship.
- fixed #5457 - +fs_mod command line option causes a failure on campaign startup
- [Blender md2 addon] Use a default skin size if texture cannot be loaded.
- [Blender md2 addon] Remove unused code.
- [Blender md2 addon] Try harder to load textures when importing.
- Updated CampaignTest.testTerrorMissions.
- Updated TransferItem test.
- Keep the current base subwindow open when switching bases.
- Keep soldiers window open when switching bases.
- Keep the employee hire window open when switching bases.
- Adjusted maxaliens parameter in mapdef urban_buildings.
- Rejoined forest_large and forest_medium mapdefs.
In total, 37 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in June.
Monthly update for May, 2015
- Fix changing aircraft ammo failing on first attempt sometimes (Part of #5453)
- Hack to disable weather for alien base, see #5446
- [LUA AI] Give aliens full vision in highest difficulties.
- Allow cl_particleweather to disable new weather system.
- Prevent changing write protected and latched cvars' flags from the console
- Updated Czech localization by glabasnat #5454
- map [+forest] adjusted nature_medium_b assembly
- map [+forest] texture scaling & alignment
- map [+forest] different approach for assembling nature_large_b
- map [+forest] improved fr_nature_04.map
- map [+forest] improved fr_eaglenest.map
- map [+forest] attempt to fix assembling of nature_large_b
- map [+forest] removed unused brook tile
- map [+forest] removed horizontal connections of brook
- map [+forest] more work on eaglenest map
- map [+forest] some work on eaglenest map
- map [+forest] fixed nature_medium_a assembly
- map [+forest] use nature_22 and nature_23 within the assemblies
- map [+forest] additional tiles
- map [+forest] added (a very basic version of) eaglenest map
- moving eaglenest map to +forest map theme
- maps.ufo split forest_nature_large mapdef
- Splitted the forest_nature_medium mapdef into parts _a and _b
In total, 46 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in May.
Monthly update for April, 2015
- General fixes and improvements (reduced scope, const variables and coding guidelines).
- Moved XVI map button update to post-load actions.
- Don't duplicate key events with sdl2.
- Let IN_TranslateKey() signal if the key was actually translated.
- Added possibility to override CFLAGS/LDFLAGS to configure.
- Try to improve the windows port handling of unicode file paths.
- Updated .gitignore.
- Fix build on mingw.
- Rebalance accuracy.
- Use the ACTOR_VIS constant.
- Improved ReactionFire::shoot()
- Hospital window - Only display wounds that are above the penalty threshold.
- Disabled forest_nature_medium for testing.
- Polish translation updated.
In total, 33 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in April.
Monthly update for March, 2015
- Enabled left handed reaction fire.
- Correctly clenter 2x2 units (UGVs) in the cursor box.
- Made smoke block IR goggles.
- Changed wound bleeding to the end of the turn instead of the beginning.
- Fixed AI for 'insane' characters (mad rage).
- Some tweaks to the lua ai.
- Allowed reaction fire for characters with 'natural weapons'.
- Fixed the spawning of somke/gas/fire fields on slopes, and don't spawn them off-map.
- Fixes and improvements to 'africa', 'alienbase', 'base', 'beach', 'bridge', 'cemetery', 'city2', 'frozen', 'harbour2', 'mansion' and 'training' maps.
- Adjusted maxaliens parameter in several maps.
- Fixed alignment of rescue zone in prefab of raptor dropship.
- 'Alien Rush' option shouldn't cause the game to constantly crash anymore.
- Added missing skins to some soldier head models.
- Increased MAX_OBJDEFS.
- Improved the Windows port handlig of unicode file paths.
- Some code cleanup.
- Try to fix the reaction fire panel behaviour.
- Fixed alien containment, market and production windows windows for not 4:3 resolutions.
- Use the correct head skin for the HUD soldier select buttons.
- Extended the CountSpawnpoints test
In total, 98 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in March.
The Ninex.info Server Team is once again in need of your help.
The server is currently hosting Two projects: "UFO: Alien Invasion," and "OpenXcom."
To continue providing hosting services we will need to raise funds for the coming year, to pay for both the service and possibly some new hardware, or a new server computer altogether, especially if such services are to be provided free of advertisements on the project websites.
In addition to the two projects mentioned, we also host additional programming and development tools for the community, including a snapshot autobuilder for OpenXcom, and a buildbot for UFO: Alien Invasion.
We also welcome new projects that are freely available and preferably open-source in nature, and hope to continue to provide tools for the community to grow, but we will need your help and support to do so.
Please consider a donation for our cause, which you can give via the following link:
We sincerely thank you for any support you provide.
Monthly update for February, 2015
- Lots of small fixes and improvements
- Let GAME_AppendTeamMember() also auto equip robots and UGVs
- Added a provisional tag_rweapon to ugv and bloodspider models
- Tweak UGV stats
- Allow to enable/disable music with the snd_music_play cvar.
- Add music toggle to sound options
- Added type and default value of angles property for misc_model
- Fix the display of wounds in the hospital window
- Merge hospital wound icon components to hospital entry component
- Disable font hinting for SDL2
- Fix text alpha blending for SDL2 - really improves text rendering here
- Allow to toggle true fullscreen with Ctrl+Enter (use fake FS with Alt+Enter)
- Don't create a borderless window when starting on fullscreen.
- Added missing crouching anim defs to both bloodspider models
- replaced calls to fopen() by Sys_Fopen() to make the windows port handle unicode file paths (see bug #4867)
- Don't crash the server if the actor didn't spawn (see fr #4108)
- [AI] Raging actors don't care about herding
- Experimenting with morale reduction by near missed shoots, disabled for now
- fixed bug #5089 Cvar for dropship and UFO not set correctly in mp
- fixed bug #5370 enabling/disabling audio doesn´t work correctly in game
- fixed bug #5163 Crash on exit, testall and ufo
- fixed bug #5402 Soldier info missing in 2.6 compared to 2.5 (second part)
- fixed bug #5417 Raptor facing backwards in aircraft screen
- fixed bug #5424 Soldiers cry because of area damage even if unaffected
- fixed bug #5430 Maps bug (some assemblies missing valid dropship values)
- fixed bug #3059 "Reaction fire default setting ON" (fix for campaign only)
- Blender TAG script: Import all frames by default
- Blender MD2 script: Assign the correct UV map to the material
- Blender MD2 script: Fixed copy of texture images
- Blender MD2 script: Use correct search directories for texture image loading
- Blender MD2 script: Don't add the same texture file twice
- Blender MD2 script: Write the correct skin size
- Split the CountSpawpoints test
- Implemented fr #4843 UI2: Indicate soldiers assigned to dropship
- Some tweaks on the UI scripts
- Add hospital button to main base window
- Some fixes for the aircraft screen
- various fixes and additions in +industrial map theme
- huge revamp of +forest map theme
- fixed multiplayer def for city_industry and england maps
- updated UFO prefabs
- lots of prefabs for +forest map theme
- fixed description in mapdef village_small_crash
- moved the 'small_house' map to +forest map theme
- moved the 'gate' map to +forest map theme
- enabled coop-multiplayer for +forest mapdefs
In total, 164 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in February.
Monthly update for January, 2015
- Welcome to 2015.
- some cleanups
- Stricter bounds check for CL_ActorDoMoveTime()
- Converted objDef_t::weight to int (fixes problems caused by rounding errors in weight system)
- Started to lay the foundation to be able to script a team lua ai.
- Lots of improvements to the LUA AI
- Weapons that spawn triggers no longer activate all the triggers in the area
- Fix invalid %s marker in German translation
- When disabling RF due to not having a valid firemode force the state change
- Change employee hire window to use dynamic nodes.
- Minor refactoring of some hospital functions.
- Some more work on FR #4112 (Show which soldiers are in hospital)
- Let forchildin also iterate the node's last child.
- Prevent renaming of non-hired employees.
- New 'exit' behaviour for textentry node.
- [keys.cfg] Fixed keybindings for employee window.
- Hopefully better timing for EV_MODEL_EXPLODE.
- Update RF status before removing the weapon used for RF.
- fixed #5400 Market view should stay open when iterating through bases
- fixed #5405 "Shooting over crouching adjacent soldier" can fail
- fixed #5404 Item is heavier in knapsack than in hand
- fixed #5407 Strength gain seems abnormally high
- fixed #5408 Suffocation is applied when IR goggles are used
- fixed #5406 Too many aliens in a mission
- fixed #5413 A flying alien
- fixed #5412 Crash in battlescape when using Plasma Blade for reaction fire
- fixed #5410 Skirmish menu misses 'UFO' entry
- fixed #5402 some soldier info is missing in 2.6 UI compared to 2.5
- New load & save game buttons; delete button rework.
- New component for use in hire window.
- map [+village] some fixes and improvements in vil_england.map
- moved city_industry map to +industrial theme
- map [+alienb] moved worldspawn settings to .ump file
- removed negative-zero values in +alienb map files
- various improvements in +industrial map theme
- new prefabs for forklift model
- prefab for models/objects/vehicles/forktruck/palette.md2 model
- updated various prefabs
- moved the +spedition semiRMA to +industrial map theme
In total, 90 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in January.
HTML5 test versions of CaveExpress and CavePacker
I've put HTML5 ports of my small sideprojects CaveExpress and CavePacker (sokoban) online at http://caveproductions.org. If you have a recent browser, please give it a try and let me know whether they work for you. I would especially be interested in the performance in your browser. Send me a message via the forum, or an email to info at caveproductions.org. I would also be very glad if you could spread the word about it to hopefully receive more feedback.
Monthly update for December, 2014
- [LUA AI] don't flee from civs unless panicked
- [LUA AI] more checks for enough TUs and allow to specify how many to use
- [LUA AI] AIL_positionherd: Allow to pass TUs to use
- [LUA AI] AIL_positionhide: Allow to use inverse team rules, pass TUs to use
- [LUA AI] make sure we have enough TU for actions that specify the TUs to use
- allow transferring soldiers with equipment and aircraft with crew
- update on the +village theme
- moved england map to +village map theme
- updated Dutch translation
- Blender MD2 plugin: Check that the object has a correct number of skins
- Build chains
- fixed Code::Blocks Unittest project
In total, 69 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in December.