Difference between revisions of "News/2015"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|title=Monthly update for February, 2015
|title=Monthly update for February, 2015
Revision as of 08:55, 6 April 2015
The Ninex.info Server Team is once again in need of your help.
The server is currently hosting Two projects: "UFO: Alien Invasion," and "OpenXcom."
To continue providing hosting services we will need to raise funds for the coming year, to pay for both the service and possibly some new hardware, or a new server computer altogether, especially if such services are to be provided free of advertisements on the project websites.
In addition to the two projects mentioned, we also host additional programming and development tools for the community, including a snapshot autobuilder for OpenXcom, and a buildbot for UFO: Alien Invasion.
We also welcome new projects that are freely available and preferably open-source in nature, and hope to continue to provide tools for the community to grow, but we will need your help and support to do so.
Please consider a donation for our cause, which you can give via the following link:
We sincerely thank you for any support you provide.
Monthly update for February, 2015
- Lots of small fixes and improvements
- Let GAME_AppendTeamMember() also auto equip robots and UGVs
- Added a provisional tag_rweapon to ugv and bloodspider models
- Tweak UGV stats
- Allow to enable/disable music with the snd_music_play cvar.
- Add music toggle to sound options
- Added type and default value of angles property for misc_model
- Fix the display of wounds in the hospital window
- Merge hospital wound icon components to hospital entry component
- Disable font hinting for SDL2
- Fix text alpha blending for SDL2 - really improves text rendering here
- Allow to toggle true fullscreen with Ctrl+Enter (use fake FS with Alt+Enter)
- Don't create a borderless window when starting on fullscreen.
- Added missing crouching anim defs to both bloodspider models
- replaced calls to fopen() by Sys_Fopen() to make the windows port handle unicode file paths (see bug #4867)
- Don't crash the server if the actor didn't spawn (see fr #4108)
- [AI] Raging actors don't care about herding
- Experimenting with morale reduction by near missed shoots, disabled for now
- fixed bug #5089 Cvar for dropship and UFO not set correctly in mp
- fixed bug #5370 enabling/disabling audio doesn´t work correctly in game
- fixed bug #5163 Crash on exit, testall and ufo
- fixed bug #5402 Soldier info missing in 2.6 compared to 2.5 (second part)
- fixed bug #5417 Raptor facing backwards in aircraft screen
- fixed bug #5424 Soldiers cry because of area damage even if unaffected
- fixed bug #5430 Maps bug (some assemblies missing valid dropship values)
- fixed bug #3059 "Reaction fire default setting ON" (fix for campagn only)
- Blender TAG script: Import all frames by default
- Blender MD2 script: Assign the correct UV map to the material
- Blender MD2 script: Fixed copy of texture images
- Blender MD2 script: Use correct search directories for texture image loading
- Blender MD2 script: Don't add the same texture file twice
- Blender MD2 script: Write the correct skin size
- Split the CountSpawpoints test
- Implemented fr #4843 UI2: Indicate soldiers assigned to dropship
- Some tweaks on the UI scripts
- Add hospital button to main base window
- Some fixes for the aircraft screen
- various fixes and additions in +industrial map theme
- huge revamp of +forest map theme
- fixed multiplayer def for city_industry and england maps
- updated UFO prefabs
- lots of prefabs for +forest map theme
- fixed description in mapdef village_small_crash
- moved the 'small_house' map to +forest map theme
- moved the 'gate' map to +forest map theme
- enabled coop-multiplayer for +forest mapdefs
In total, 164 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in February.
Monthly update for January, 2015
- Welcome to 2015.
- some cleanups
- Stricter bounds check for CL_ActorDoMoveTime()
- Converted objDef_t::weight to int (fixes problems caused by rounding errors in weight system)
- Started to lay the foundation to be able to script a team lua ai.
- Lots of improvements to the LUA AI
- Weapons that spawn triggers no longer activate all the triggers in the area
- Fix invalid %s marker in German translation
- When disabling RF due to not having a valid firemode force the state change
- Change employee hire window to use dynamic nodes.
- Minor refactoring of some hospital functions.
- Some more work on FR #4112 (Show which soldiers are in hospital)
- Let forchildin also iterate the node's last child.
- Prevent renaming of non-hired employees.
- New 'exit' behaviour for textentry node.
- [keys.cfg] Fixed keybindings for employee window.
- Hopefully better timing for EV_MODEL_EXPLODE.
- Update RF status before removing the weapon used for RF.
- fixed #5400 Market view should stay open when iterating through bases
- fixed #5405 "Shooting over crouching adjacent soldier" can fail
- fixed #5404 Item is heavier in knapsack than in hand
- fixed #5407 Strength gain seems abnormally high
- fixed #5408 Suffocation is applied when IR goggles are used
- fixed #5406 Too many aliens in a mission
- fixed #5413 A flying alien
- fixed #5412 Crash in battlescape when using Plasma Blade for reaction fire
- fixed #5410 Skirmish menu misses 'UFO' entry
- fixed #5402 some soldier info is missing in 2.6 UI compared to 2.5
- New load & save game buttons; delete button rework.
- New component for use in hire window.
- map [+village] some fixes and improvements in vil_england.map
- moved city_industry map to +industrial theme
- map [+alienb] moved worldspawn settings to .ump file
- removed negative-zero values in +alienb map files
- various improvements in +industrial map theme
- new prefabs for forklift model
- prefab for models/objects/vehicles/forktruck/palette.md2 model
- updated various prefabs
- moved the +spedition semiRMA to +industrial map theme
In total, 90 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in January.
HTML5 test versions of CaveExpress and CavePacker
I've put HTML5 ports of my small sideprojects CaveExpress and CavePacker (sokoban) online at http://caveproductions.org. If you have a recent browser, please give it a try and let me know whether they work for you. I would especially be interested in the performance in your browser. Send me a message via the forum, or an email to info at caveproductions.org. I would also be very glad if you could spread the word about it to hopefully receive more feedback.
Monthly update for December, 2014
- [LUA AI] don't flee from civs unless panicked
- [LUA AI] more checks for enough TUs and allow to specify how many to use
- [LUA AI] AIL_positionherd: Allow to pass TUs to use
- [LUA AI] AIL_positionhide: Allow to use inverse team rules, pass TUs to use
- [LUA AI] make sure we have enough TU for actions that specify the TUs to use
- allow transferring soldiers with equipment and aircraft with crew
- update on the +village theme
- moved england map to +village map theme
- updated Dutch translation
- Blender MD2 plugin: Check that the object has a correct number of skins
- Build chains
- fixed Code::Blocks Unittest project
In total, 69 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in December.