Difference between revisions of "News/2013"
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
* Removed Mini- and Alternative HUD.
* Removed Mini- and Alternative HUD.
Revision as of 13:09, 6 April 2013
Monthly update for February, 2013
In February, getting closer to a 2.5 release, most work was done in fixing bugs and improving existing features.
- Simplify lightmap loader.
- Implemented FR #4874 - "Event condition: research completed".
- Partial cleanup in lightmap memory usage.
- A lot of code refactorings and restructuring.
- Stingray Interceptor research requirements fixed.
- Update production time with reduced employee count on firing a worker.
- Better mission naming on Geoscape.
- Updated research texts for Corrupter, Supply and Scout UFO.
- Updated research text for alien Hovernet.
- 'Live Aliens' event tip updated.
- Updated Ufopedia text for Machine Gun.
- Updated research text for Advanced Alien Propulsion.
- Game now saves when player wins campaign.
- Note about cameras in base defence mission briefing.
- Activated control center for base cameras.
- Reaction Fire: disabled the 'draw' mode for testing.
- Do not force right-hand RF, use settings instead.
- Improved lighting in Shelter map.
- Various tweaks in 'Stadium', 'Alienbase' and 'Base' map.
- Added new map tile to 'Frozen' RMA theme.
- Removed Mini- and Alternative HUD.
- Norwegian translation update.
- Update for the polish translation.
- Updated po and pot files.
- New image for Particle Beam tech ufopedia entry.
- Misc improvements to the Blender md2 and tag exporters.
- Updated marker list blender script for latest blender.
- #4862 - "endless alien turn (fueldump map)"
- #4877 - "Incorrect tip for weapons reload"
- #4868 - "Invalid sounds in terrain.ufo"
- #4855 - "Using an empty hand needs <ESC> to get mouse back"
- #3412 - "Trigger_touch works for a single entity only"
- #4847 - "impassable squares in 'Rivertown' map"
- #3449 - "roof shown at wrong level in 'Laboratory' map"
- Fixed window position saving in TexTool::shutdown
- get rid of the console flodding in developer mode when a hud is active
In total, 291 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in February.
Support The Bug Genie
The Bug Genie, the free and open-source (FOSS) bug tracker we are using to develop UFO:AI, is looking for donations to continue development. The software has been improving for 11 years and is now looking for some financial support to continue development. This thing is pretty slick. We've found the tracker extremely useful, so please consider donating (top of the page).
"Hive Mind" released
Christy and Gary Bonn have released the first volume in their series of novels which follow the men and women of PHALANX as they battle to protect earth from alien invasion. Here's the blurb:
Commander Chuck McKenzie walks through an empty city, trying to work out how two million people have disappeared overnight, leaving little more than bloodstains.
One moment, Jeanette Hollingsworth flies coastal patrols and hunts diamond smugglers, the next, she’s ordered to command a state of the art fighter, to race eighty kilometres high and intercept vastly superior UFOs.
Gun runner and gang boss, Peter Telfer, finds himself conscripted into hand-to-hand combat with aliens. Quick-thinking and used to violence, Telfer believes he’s perfectly suited to take on these savage invaders.
Pulled from retirement, Commander Allan Craithie vows to keep his rookie soldiers alive, only to discover he’s their enemy too.
In a chilling few days, people are snatched from their everyday lives, by a mysterious organisation – and thrown into a secret war against invasion.
But behind the super-intelligent invaders and their deadly attacks lies a truth that horrifies both humans and aliens alike.
Nothing is as it seems and one revelation after another means it’s hard to know who, or what, the enemy is.
Read the whole book for free.
Monthly update for January, 2013
We're gearing up now for 2.5's release. It's not imminent, but we're starting to talk about where to draw the line on features, which is always a sign of progress. Here's what happened in January.
- Support up to 12 soldiers in Skirmish and MP
- Increase limit on production queue items
- Small fixes for solarplant, city_industry, office, stadium, africa, mansion, bungalow2
- Improved weight and TU information in equipment window
- Norwegian, German, Spanish translations updated
- 10 new female soldier heads
- New research image for alien detection
- Performance improvements for smoke particles
- New issue tracker for bugs, feature requests and patches
- Fix for UFORadiant model viewer
- Added MD2 and TAG exporters for Blender 2.63
New Issue Tracker
We have a new issue tracker. We imported more than 3,000 tickets (most closed) for old bugs, feature requests and patches from our Sourceforge tracker. All future reports should be made on the new tracker.
If you want to retain your account from the Sourceforge tracker, so that you can see tickets posted by or assigned to you, please send me a PM me on our forums with your Sourceforge username and the email address you want associated with your account. I will send you temporary login details.
Our Sourceforge issue tracker is now depricated. You can not add any further items to it.
Monthly update for December, 2012
In December mattn finally solved the terrible multi-threading issue which was causing so much instability in 2.5-dev. It was a month full of bug fixes and small improvements.
- Fixed multi-threading issues
- Added common Portuguese names to possible human names
- Fixed bug that prevented Bomber UFOs from appearing
- Make gender distribution of soldiers based on available models
- Stop message sounds from playing when loading a game
- Fixed live alien research
- Footstep sounds updated
- Grenade bounce rates changed
- Experimental foliage system introduced
- Stopped wounded message from appearing too early
- Show actors killed by wounds/triggers/fire in mission results
- Smoke fields no longer block explosives
- More UFO tiles for several maps
- Several map fixes
- Reimplemented Transfer UI backend
- Added support for a flashing effect for UI buttons
- Updates to Korean, Italian and German translations
- Several new soldier heads
- Began to implement skin management in UFORadiant model viewer
In total, 469 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in December.