Cvars are available for dynamic configuration of the engine. You can always get a list of cvars by typing
We also have tab completion for the console. Just type the first letter(s) and hit Tab.
See also Cvars/Multiplayer.
Values in square brackets ('[' and ']') contain the possible possible values for each cvar. Do not leave them in.
- Install or uninstall the mousegrab.
- Fullscreen- or windowed-mode.
- OpenGL refresh -
sdlare *nix only -
glis Windows only
- Start the sound engine or not.
- Activates or deactivates the developer mode.
- Activates or deactivates the console log (written to Template:Path).
The value 1 will start a new log every time to game starts up, value 2 will append to current logfile
- Used to create or place new missions on geoscape - will show the clicked coordinates.
- Use the cvar r_showbox to draw the bounding box of a model.
- Displays the Frames per second on the screen when enabled.
- Enable/disable graphic glsl shaders (default is 1). You need to set this to 0 if game crashes on start with video errors (like on Intel G965 cards). 0 - disabled, 1 - low, 2 - medium, 3- high.
- Change GLSL specification to compile shaders to. On changing this cvar the shaders will recompile; you will see the compile log printed in the console (including any warnings+errors). Default is 1.10, and is the only specification currently supported by UFO:AI. Higher versioned specifications may not compile. If the shaders had any compile errors they will be disabled.