project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Thank you all, made my year  (Read 4655 times)

Offline MoToM

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Thank you all, made my year
« on: July 25, 2009, 12:43:50 am »
Hello all,
and as the title says, Thank you.
I'm an UFO: EU addict of old and was slowly slippong into a deep depression as that wonderful game became more and more dated and nearly unusable (at least for a tech-whore like myself),
that is until one very kindly person over at Taleworlds pointed me this way.

I just want to say that I think you guys have done a fantastic job on this, really captures the feel of the original and looks great to boot.
I look forward to following your progress from now on.
Again, thank you for reviving one of the greatest game ideas and keeping it close to the genesis, excellent job.

MoToM

odie

Re: Thank you all, made my year
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 04:46:52 am »
Hello all,
and as the title says, Thank you.
I'm an UFO: EU addict of old and was slowly slippong into a deep depression as that wonderful game became more and more dated and nearly unusable (at least for a tech-whore like myself),

I just want to say that I think you guys have done a fantastic job on this, really captures the feel of the original and looks great to boot.
I look forward to following your progress from now on.
Again, thank you for reviving one of the greatest game ideas and keeping it close to the genesis, excellent job.

MoToM

Hi MoToM,

Welcome to the game! And welcome in to the forum!

I am glad to hear that u enjoyed urself on this forum! Have more fun and u r welcomed to contribute feedbacks and esp if u r using the development builts, submission of bugs.

Toodles!

Ildamos

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 02:57:11 pm »
Glad to hear you like the game!

Be warned though that the devs are not trying to resurrect X-com. Your "keeping it close to the genesis" comment alarms me somewhat.

That aside, welcome to the community!

Offline criusmac

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 05:10:21 pm »
Don't forget to try other open source games like X-Force too (http://www.xforce-online.de/). It's German, but they're trying to translate it to English, and they are mostly there. There are a lot of newer UFO: EU type games here and there, it has captured the heart of so many. :)

Digin_BR

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 06:53:47 pm »

Hey man! you came from Taleworlds??? i was helping with the scripting and modeling/texturing for one of the game's mods... do ya like M&B? did ya tryed "EG III" mod? ( http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/board,91.0.html )

nice too meet a comrade from that game in here...

nice to meet ya MoToM, and welcome to UFO: AI...

Regards
Digin_BR.

Offline MoToM

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 05:45:53 pm »
Fear not, by 'close' I just mean it has the same appeal, I certainly don't think you should religeously stick too the original.
I was just pleased to see that some of the same 'feel' was present.

As for M&B, I'm a long time addict, 0.751 when I first got it. And Expanded Gameplay is easily one of the greatest mods, EGII was epic and EGIII looks to be heading the same way. I love the fact that characters can be so short lived.

I'm the same name over there as here.