project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Long time no see!  (Read 3086 times)

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Long time no see!
« on: November 19, 2017, 10:53:36 pm »
Hello! I got into a discussion with some friends about XCOM, and it reminded me that UFO:AI was a thing. I'm pleasantly surprised that it's still being developed!
And a bit unpleasantly surprised that, even 4 years later, the game is still in version 2.5 despite seemingly still being worked on.

Anywho, hello! I hope everyone is enjoying this awesome project!

Offline pe9298

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Long time no see!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 03:33:15 pm »
It is a great game, I just wish these forums were more active !

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 01:30:35 pm »
I think insisting on not making optional save during combat is not helping the game.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 05:20:34 pm »
lol

@Noordung, What did you mean with that?

-geever
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 05:23:08 pm by geever »

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 05:26:49 pm »
that having option to save during the battle mode would attract more people. i mean saying "this should be played like that" usually don't go too well with people. that's just my opinion. i know i was discussed before and there will never be option to save in battle mode but just saying... i mean its always an option for iron more or semi iron mode where you still can't save on battle more.
thought it was obvious what i was saying.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 07:20:17 pm »
that having option to save during the battle mode would attract more people. i mean saying "this should be played like that" usually don't go too well with people. that's just my opinion. i know i was discussed before and there will never be option to save in battle mode but just saying... i mean its always an option for iron more or semi iron mode where you still can't save on battle more.
thought it was obvious what i was saying.

This is nonsense! We don't tell you how to play the game. And I doubt that "missing" feature would be the reason for the forum being quiet.

On the other hand, I don't tell you what to do, so you should not tell me what I should do (like implement a feature I don't feel important). You are free to implement it for yourself. More over, our license even allows distributing such a mod! That's my point.

Have fun!
-geever

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 03:38:41 pm »
Well in past often "we don't want people to abuse such save option" comment was used. Not sure who used it.
And I doubt that "missing" feature would be the reason for the forum being quiet.
We will never know what impact that might have had if it was feature since the start of the game. But there is no point in talking about this anyway that's why my first comment was so "mysterious" anyway.