project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Cannot open skirmish games  (Read 3462 times)

Offline Damyen

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Cannot open skirmish games
« on: May 06, 2017, 06:04:29 pm »
Hi. I tested the 04/05/2017 build recently and i have a problem: the game "breaks into the debugger" (and crashed) if I try to start a skirmish game (that is: I can even access the skirmish game options). I play on an old computer thus disconnected from the Internet. Here is a copy paste of part of the error message I believe responsible of the problem. I will do a more precise bug report if you tell me what I should join to the report.

* Steps : just after starting the game, I loaded a campaign savegame, closed it; then checked the multiplayer options, closed it; then wanted to open the skirmish menu... and game crashed).

* Copy paste :
Shutdown gametype 'Campaign mode'
Change gametype to 'Multiplayer mode'
Warning: Could not open 'team00.mpt'
Failed to resolve host ufoai.org:(null): WSAHOST_NOT_FOUND
could not resolve 'http://ufoai.org//ufo/masterserver.php?query'
sendto on socket 2224 failed: WSAEHOSTUNREACH
Shutdown gametype 'Multiplayer mode'
Change gametype to 'Skirmish mode'
UI_AllocNodeWithoutNew: Node behaviour 'LoadSlot' doesn't exist
Shutdown gametype 'Skirmish mode'
Wrote keys.cfg
There are still 2 opened files
-----

* quick note: all what I wanted to check (for ex. regarding translations), was ok :) Thanks.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot open skirmish games
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 10:45:30 pm »
This is definitely a bug! (Actually caused by me.) Why didn't you create a ticket on the bugtracker?

I created one now: #5660. But forum is not an issue tracker. Bugs reported here might get missed.

-geever
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 10:51:42 pm by geever »

Offline Damyen

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot open skirmish games
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 02:19:00 am »
Hi. I was really wondering if it was a bug because my computer running UFO:AI is really old, and I thought the material could be the problem (I really wondered what could cause a menu not to open, while the other entries did open). So I asked before :) Of course, I would have done the ticket myself.