Author Topic: thx  (Read 12845 times)

Offline kingchaos

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: thx
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2017, 03:22:59 pm »
2. I think the number of kills count.

Thats cant be the only influence.

i got a 3 stars private whos got 80 mission and 90 kills and a major with not 50 of each of both.

yeah 28, 2 x 8 team and 1 heracles. :)

some missions i won in first round, each soldier can shot 2 times and there are not more than 24 aliens in an open field mission :)

not the problem after 300+ missions played without any skilled soldier died in the medium difficulty.

i researched the bomber, but the mission was lame.

i meant a base like "tleth" or however it was called in the xcom versions.

Offline kingchaos

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2017, 03:27:14 pm »
0   Strength   
50 × (weight / strength) / ke points
where weight is the average weight carried during the mission, and ke (the "encumbrance modifier") is:
1.0 for 'bonus' stages
0.7 for 'normal' stages
0.4 for 'penalty' stages
Limited to 125 points per mission

what means this?

the soldiers gain more points, if the ppl are encumbered? ^^

Offline kingchaos

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2017, 03:29:24 pm »
hmm, when i use needlers, i got a lot of hits. Will this raise the points my soldiers get instead of taking them out with 1 shot of any other weapon?

Offline kingchaos

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2017, 03:52:46 pm »
is the penalty for killing civilians wrong calculated, or what hapenned here? ^^

the guy was the 2. wave of soliders i pushed in the rank.

1 made 8 colonels, then i put 4 into another team and take 4 of the new team into the old one.

so i had 2 equal strong teams and got lesser injuryproblems and could click the automatic button much more offen without any losses.

280 missions / 418 sightings i won, no one lost.

maybe it has something to do with the soldiers in the base, where the warrant officer was during rank pushin.

with bottleneck logic u come to the conclusion "best would be, all gaining ranks in the same speed. i think the weakest point of a chain is its qeakest part. So i decided to push all of them in the same speed."

Maybe u can help me with this problem, so i can start the very hard campaign and try with 0 losses on soldiers.

br kc

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2017, 04:55:16 pm »
2: It's very simple: each rank has three requirements the soldier must meet: a number of enemy kills, a minimum mind stat and a maximum number of Friendly Fire incidents (only kills count for this) any soldier that has killed any civilians or team mates (or both) won't be promoted beyond Warrant Officer, the more incidents the lesser rank is available for that soldier (again the WO rank for example only admits soldiers with 2 FF incidents max)

4: The game is still under development, the campaign is not even half the way of what is planned, if you're willing to contribute that would be great :)

Edit:
Regarding strength: yes, you're right the more weight the more XP gain.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 05:02:22 pm by DarkRain »

Offline Damyen

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2017, 07:55:47 pm »
Currently flashbangs have 3 effects: ... they disable reaction fire for the unit as well (and the default AI doesn't know how enable it again)...
Does it mean that once you stunned an alien, it will never be able to reaction fire again?

Currently flashbangs have 3 effects: ... any unit that is dazed ...
Is there a feature request asking for some sign to highlight dazed units? That is: either some change of the color of the circle around the alien (from red to blue, for instance), or some sign over the head of the alien (cf. the symbol that is over the body of a stunned unit) ?

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2017, 12:08:07 am »
Hello,
I think we shouldn't know if an enemy unit is ever dazed or not!
But flashbangs should affect every actors and not only the enemy. To be partially protected or immune to their effect, through constitution or visor/helmet, would be another thing, of course.

Offline kingchaos

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2017, 05:49:26 pm »
thx for the feedback.

I think its no problem with the not taking place promotion.

The stats will going high even if he is only a WO? So i dont take care of this ^^.

so i will have soon a team with soldiers running at the speed of slugs ^^ what a nice handicap.

i only can code 3d construction files and pieces and my contribute skills got their zenit at "asking question, the other wont do" to give good critics for improving the game.

let the aliens use flashbangs ^^ this will raise the handicap :)

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2017, 05:55:35 pm »
Does it mean that once you stunned an alien, it will never be able to reaction fire again?
Only for the default AI, so for most of users: yes

Is there a feature request asking for some sign to highlight dazed units? That is: either some change of the color of the circle around the alien (from red to blue, for instance), or some sign over the head of the alien (cf. the symbol that is over the body of a stunned unit) ?
Yes there is one: #5382, but note that the dazed status is removed at the start of the team's turn (right when it's decided that the unit doesn't get a TU refill) so it would only work to tell you if the flashbang did actually work on your own turn

Hello,
But flashbangs should affect every actors and not only the enemy. To be partially protected or immune to their effect, through constitution or visor/helmet, would be another thing, of course.
The idea is that the soldier throwing a FB calls it it so that teammates (who have been appropriately trained) can take measures to avoid being affected.
In any case resistance to the FB wold probably be based more on mind + speed stats (and any protective gear oc)

Also we probably should bring the 'bang' part of flashbang into play, currently only the 'flash' part is in effect — since the enemy needs to be directly looking the FB when it goes off (which brings the question of how it works on shevaars, which are clearly stated to not have eyes, yet need to be 'looking' in the direction of the FB to be affected...)

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2017, 05:59:56 pm »
@kingchaos there's more to making the game than coding, in fact the major road block on advancing the campaign further is that we need people to design and 'construct' new maps, for example for the inside of the alien carrier you just shoot at the end of the current game, which would be the first 'big' story mission (not quite the invasion of the final alien base yet, but still a major point in the campaign)

Offline Damyen

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2017, 11:44:30 pm »
The stats will going high even if he is only a WO? So i dont take care of this ^^.
You got it quite right...

But, on hard and very hard campaign, killing civilian has also an important impact on nations' happiness, and you have to manage your money quite carefully (at the beginning). Killing civilians should include some other penalties, though (example: a soldier killing more than X civilians could be automatically dismissed - and could not be hired anymore -) (X: depends on the difficulty of the campaign)

Offline Damyen

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2017, 11:56:57 pm »
Yes there is one... but note that the dazed status is removed at the start of the team's turn (right when it's decided that the unit doesn't get a TU refill) so it would only work to tell you if the flashbang did actually work on your own turn
Ok, thanks. My concern is mainly when the flashbang explodes in the feet of the alien (directly or after a bounce), when "in front of" and "behind" are really difficult to see. So this kind of temporary mark would be enough for me.

Mere curiosity: why?

In any case resistance to the FB wold probably be based more on mind + speed stats (and any protective gear oc)
Sounds good: a grenade has indeed an effective radius; and description of the flashbang states that speed and training are crucial to reduce the effects of this kind of grenade.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2017, 06:09:49 am »
@kingchaos there's more to making the game than coding, in fact the major road block on advancing the campaign further is that we need people to design and 'construct' new maps, for example for the inside of the alien carrier you just shoot at the end of the current game, which would be the first 'big' story mission (not quite the invasion of the final alien base yet, but still a major point in the campaign)

Just so it won't be forgotten - all the XVI stuff starts before the carrier mission, handling this properly in both the geoscape and the battlescape is required before we can advance any further.

Offline Damyen

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2017, 08:41:12 pm »
... we need people to design and 'construct' new maps
I quickly read the wiki pages about it, but it sounds quite difficulty when you have no artistic skills. Is it easy to use existing maps? For example, let's say I would like to create a map (to train myself) starting from the "Dam" map, but using this objective (quick idea): "Alien have set a bomb on the dam, and threaten an entire city downstream. You have 20 turns to kill all the aliens, or to disable the bomb with one of your soldier skilled in explosive". Would it be difficult?

Just so it won't be forgotten - all the XVI stuff starts before the carrier mission, handling this properly in both the geoscape and the battlescape is required before we can advance any further.
I start to be confused with this XVI stuff ;) What is working today?

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2017, 04:40:49 pm »
I quickly read the wiki pages about it, but it sounds quite difficulty when you have no artistic skills. Is it easy to use existing maps? For example, let's say I would like to create a map (to train myself) starting from the "Dam" map, but using this objective (quick idea): "Alien have set a bomb on the dam, and threaten an entire city downstream. You have 20 turns to kill all the aliens, or to disable the bomb with one of your soldier skilled in explosive". Would it be difficult?
I uforadiant works on your system you'r idea would be very simple to implement (but there's no way to limit mission objectives to specific skills, so any soldier would be able to defuse your bomb)

I start to be confused with this XVI stuff ;) What is working today?
Probably nothing, XVI does start spreading (I think) and there are some research projects about it, but neither have any gameplay effects at all AFAIK.