Personal tools

Author Topic: thx  (Read 12838 times)

Offline kingchaos

• Rookie
    • View Profile
thx
« on: February 12, 2017, 12:39:55 pm »
Thx for this fun.

I did the 2.5 with only 5 riflemen lost in the whole campaign in the medium difficulty using only heavy needlers, partical cannon and EMP sniper.

Nice KI on the sheevars, but there are some "bugs".

1. U dont need to transfer stuff, only sell and rebuy it in the place u need it.

2. Not so good is the "management" of big stocks. U will scroll with the mousewheel for "years" if you try to sell/transfer 3k alien materials ...

3. I think you can improve the skills of the aliens while make them use more grenades, even flash and smoke/fog too.

4. Too easy is getting out of the fog/smoke and "scouting enemies out" and go back into the fog/smoke to kill them.

5.  The hovernets dont got any reaction fire, why?

Its very hard in the beginning to take down the ufos because of the very bad fighters u got. Even the dragon is not useful vs bigger ships.

The last ufo games with the 2 instances of base assaults or alien base attack are more challenging.

The alienbase attacks can do were too easy.

But i had a lot of fun.

thx a lot.

br KC

« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 12:51:23 pm by kingchaos »

Offline Norby

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: thx
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 11:42:44 pm »
1. U dont need to transfer stuff, only sell and rebuy it in the place u need it.
I also thik that this is unfair so I restrict myself and always use transfer.
2. Not so good is the "management" of big stocks. U will scroll with the mousewheel for "years" if you try to sell/transfer 3k alien materials ...
I hold down the shift key while roll the wheel, still slow and frozen my i3 machine for some seconds but always do this job within a half minute.
3. I think you can improve the skills of the aliens while make them use more grenades, even flash and smoke/fog too.
I never seen an alien with flash nor with smoke grenades, as like they are earth-only techs willfully.
4. Too easy is getting out of the fog/smoke and "scouting enemies out" and go back into the fog/smoke to kill them.
Yes, a big penalty to aim out of smoke would be good imho.
5. The hovernets dont got any reaction fire, why?
If they will get it then I suggest to give ability to see in 360 degree, as like if there are sensors in all directions. I never know where they looking due to the circular model so the logical solution if they can look everywhere. Moreover this could make them immune to the go next to them and fire from backward to avoid reaction trick.
6. Its very hard in the beginning to take down the ufos because of the very bad fighters u got.
I like missile defenses: my figters usually not fight at all just run back to the base (need some work to always keep my figter within the detection range of the ufo but out of the weapon range), where at least 3 external missiles are waiting for the incoming ufos. :)
Maybe they should leave these zones if they are damaged below a level to leave some work to the fighters.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 01:57:23 am »
Point 1 and 2 are on my TODO list (for a while actually). I need to motive myself somehow to "draw" (program) new UI screens.. It is tedious and boring. :(

-geever

Offline Norby

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 03:36:11 am »
For point 2 imho would be enough if shift+click not always sell/transfer 10, but:
  • 10 if max. 100 available,
  • 100 if more than 100 and max. 1000 available,
  • 1000 if more than 1000 available.

Offline kingchaos

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 06:23:10 pm »
hehe, thx for the input.

i got 4 main baes with each 5 or more missiles.

is it possible, to put other ammo into the sam sites? That would be cool.

i lure the gunboats with starting a dropship, 3 times start/land and they are gone. :)

maybe u only have to adopt the windows mousewheelspeed ^^ i tried it with 30 times than normal but the game was not affected.

i never seen an alien with smoke ^^ but it would be strange if they use flash and smoke. Think about with thinking on the nightvision the sheevars got ^^.

and i think the nightvision goggles are buggy too. sometimes i only see aliens while pressing it 2 times. . .

Offline kingchaos

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 06:43:26 pm »
is there any reason, why i did not get the ugv? or was my only fault not to find the menue where to build those "tanks"?

i wish i can choose which kind of reactiion fire my soldier will use. to hold some "door" save its important to have high firepower. If u use heavy needler or part. cannon one shot for a medium irtnok is not enough. but when the map is indoor and u only can place 2 defenders to one entrance its very hard.

can someone give me some information about the flashbangs? do they "delete" the time units the aliens got from the last round? in the ufopedia is something written about the next round. its kind of confusing.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 07:16:14 pm »
is there any reason, why i did not get the ugv? or was my only fault not to find the menue where to build those "tanks"?

UGV are not yet implemented.

i wish i can choose which kind of reactiion fire my soldier will use. to hold some "door" save its important to have high firepower. If u use heavy needler or part. cannon one shot for a medium irtnok is not enough. but when the map is indoor and u only can place 2 defenders to one entrance its very hard.

What do you mean? You can choose which firemode to use. Of course Aimed Shot costs more TU than Snap Shot which mean enemy will need to spend more TU in your soldier's sight before (s)he can shoot.

can someone give me some information about the flashbangs? do they "delete" the time units the aliens got from the last round? in the ufopedia is something written about the next round. its kind of confusing.

My information about that topic is old and probably outdated..

-geever

Offline kingchaos

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 07:50:52 pm »
which button changes the fire mode for reaction fire?

Offline kingchaos

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 08:02:29 pm »
is there an influence on the reaction time when the ppl got nightvision on? Do they "detect" the aliens a little bit earlier?

Offline Norby

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2017, 08:15:59 pm »
The "x" key just turn on or off, you sould select the actual mode by a mouse click in the proper checkbox on the HUD.
The first picture show it on the default HUD, second is on Lazy HUD.

Offline Damyen

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 12:18:11 am »
The hovernets dont got any reaction fire, why?
Hovernets do have reaction fire, but the problem is that, after a while, aliens tend to stay in (weird) positions that prevent them from using reaction fire => Aliens should always try to face the Phalanx troops (or the place they are supposed to be), not facing a wall, a corner, or borders of the map.

I never know where they looking due to the circular model
Use the radar (shortcut: "R", if I am not wrong... Hum... Check shortcuts too :) ); the radar is more usable in v2.6 anyway. Your idea of giving them circular fire could be a nice touch to them.

Its very hard in the beginning to take down the ufos
Personally, I hardly try to take down UFOs because you do not get advantages doing so (ex.: aliens are not wounded after the crash when you start the mission); so I wait for the UFO to land somewhere, and start the mission... and winning is more profitable (ex.: undamaged UFOs earn you more credits when you sell them).

Too easy is getting out of the fog/smoke and "scouting enemies out" and go back into the fog/smoke to kill them.
Yes, a big penalty to aim out of smoke would be good imho.
Another idea could be: aliens should shoot random shots in smoke (with needler for example). Against another player, I would do so.

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 05:29:12 pm »
Re: Hovernets and reaction fire
They do have RF enabled, but there was a bug preventing them (or any robotic character) from using RF, you're playing 2.5, I guess the fix probably didn't make into the release.

Re: Flashbangs
Currently flashbangs have 3 effects: They instantly deplete the TUs of any unit affected, they disable reaction fire for the unit as well (and the default AI doesn't know how enable it again) and they apply the "dazed" status to the unit, any unit that is dazed at the start of its team's turn won't have their TUs refilled for that turn.

Do note however that flashbangs only work if the unit can see the explosion, if the flashbang goes off behind their backs or even to their sides they won't be affected at all. Also IIRC robots are immune.

Offline kingchaos

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 07:21:20 pm »
i have further more questions.

1. the flashing range of the flashbang is what?
2. what influence on the rank and the promotions has the number of soldiers in the homebase?
3. is it influencing the mind/brain levelup to switch the weapons for the soldiers?
4. why isnt there a final "base" to take? :)

i was some kind of disappointed, to have 28 colonels and no more final fight where i can use them ^^

Offline Norby

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2017, 08:09:40 pm »
1. the flashing range of the flashbang is what?
2. what influence on the rank and the promotions has the number of soldiers in the homebase?
3. is it influencing the mind/brain levelup to switch the weapons for the soldiers?
1. This page say 5.
2. I think the number of kills count.
3. No, based on the info here.
4. The list of maps in skimrish refers that there is one. Are you researched a Bomber ufo?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 08:11:41 pm by Norby »

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2017, 06:25:20 am »
... have 28 colonels ...

8)

Because there are not enough poeple contributing. Simple as.