Development > Newbie Coding

How to update tutorials' screenshots?

(1/7) > >>

Damyen:
Hello. I would like to update the screenshots used in the tutorials for the v2.6 version. How can I do it? (Thas is : where are the screenshot files? and are there some things to be careful at?)

DarkRain:
The images are at <ufoai directory>/base/pics/tutorial

Honestly current tutorial is so outdated that I'll say this: if you want to contribute to the tutorial there's no need to limit yourself to replacing the current images, feel free to come with you own sequence of images if you feel its better, at this point it will be much better (and easier) to redo the whole tutorial around what you can provide

Damyen:
Thanks!

The problem about changing other things in the tutorial is that I don't feel skilled enough: I don't know how to change gettext msgids (to add advices), and I don't know how to change the flow of images (because I don't have any real programming skill). Of course, I can learn, and listen to advices and tips.

I'll try to replace the existing images to improve the slideshow first, and if you are happy with it, I'll try to do some more updates :)

DarkRain:
We can always work together you know, but it's OK to do things at your own rhythm,

But if you feel like poking into the tutorial sequence anyway, you can take a look at the script at base/ufos/seq_tutorials.ufo it shouldn't be too hard to get an idea of what's going on in it (I think)

Damyen:
I made a mistake in my analysis: I tought that each single tutorial was a sequence of images displayed one afer one while text was printed over (or above or under) them. Wrong... :P. Only one tutorial is a slideshow (campaign), others are basicaly a single image with program adding its comments over it (= text and display not clearly separated).

I could change the image order in the campaing tutorial (=renaming the .pk3 containing images into .zip, adding my own images, renaming .zip into .pk3, lauching the game, and testing the result). I will now look at base/ufos/seq_tutorials.ufo to check whether i guess how it works (or not:))

And of course, we can work together :). I just didn't know if you had some spare time to do that. What would be your idea to rework these tutorials (knowing my lack of technical skills)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version