project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: OpenDungeons new release  (Read 4886 times)

Offline hwoarangmy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
OpenDungeons new release
« on: September 06, 2016, 09:39:35 pm »
Hi all,

I've been playing UFO AI for some time now so I would like to let you know that another open source game based on an old one (Dungeon Keeper) has been released (version 0.7.1):
http://opendungeons.github.io/

I take the opportunity to thank everybody who worked on UFO AI as I've had much fun playing your game so I hope you will have some fun playing this one ^^

In any case, do not hesitate to try and give some feedback on our forum:
http://forum.freegamedev.net/viewforum.php?f=15

or in github:
https://github.com/OpenDungeons/OpenDungeons

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: OpenDungeons new release
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 06:21:38 pm »
No 32 bit Linux ?

Well if something is real time I shy away from it usually, both for gameplay and resource consumption reasons.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 06:23:11 pm by anonymissimus »

Offline hwoarangmy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 10:31:17 pm »
No 32 bit Linux ?
Because there are not that many linux users using 32 bits systems. So far, nobody complained so our linux binaries builder never bothered about it. I will ask him if he wants to build 32 bit binaries.

Well if something is real time I shy away from it usually, both for gameplay and resource consumption reasons.
Indeed, I guess it is not the most optimized game out there regarding memory consumption. However, nowadays, I guess it is not a problem anymore. I've already tried the game on computer more than 10 years old (windows xp) and there was no problem.

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 06:08:01 pm »
Because there are not that many linux users using 32 bits systems. So far, nobody complained so our linux binaries builder never bothered about it. I will ask him if he wants to build 32 bit binaries.
Really ? Writing on a 32 bit Lubuntu here.
IMHO a major (really major) use case for Linux is to have a perfectly modern operating system that runs well on old hardware (thus 32 bit), since MS and presumably Apple as well leave this field completely open. They have interest in increasing system requirements of operating systems and applications over the years so that consumers are forced to buy new hardware, just because the old hardware no longer fits the requirements, and not because it's broken. Win 10 needing 2 GB RAM is insulting.
Try viewing modern internet sites with hardware from the 90s. All of these high-resolution and huge images everywhere, it's a pain.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 06:10:46 pm by anonymissimus »

Offline hwoarangmy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 12:38:26 am »
Yes, I agree that most windows becomes bigger each time requiring to change hardware and forcing people like that looks like racket.
However, there are not many players who play the game and as I said, nobody never complained.

Note that I have installed an ubuntu on an older computer I have and it looks like it is following the same path with new versions very frequent and lot of downloads...