project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Dont see the box lines on inventory  (Read 6200 times)

Offline cpsogoj

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Dont see the box lines on inventory
« on: August 11, 2016, 07:21:54 pm »
Since many moths ago, any nightly build I install has the same problem: I cant see the lines (the green lines that delimit each part of the inventory: the box for the right hand, left hand, backpack, etc).

Why is that? Is it me or a problem not fixed yet?

Thanks for the help.

Offline Damyen

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Dont see the box lines on inventory
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 01:47:55 pm »
Hello. I had the same problem with the v2.6 version (nightly build for Windows). I recently unzipped all the .pk3 files of the game, and moved the .pk3 files in another directory. And the problem is gone: the grids displayed in inventory are back. Note : this is also true for the "XVI" button on the geoscape (with .pk3 => invisible; without .pk3 => visible).
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 02:12:11 pm by Damyen »

Offline cpsogoj

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 11:26:15 pm »
Hello. I had the same problem with the v2.6 version (nightly build for Windows). I recently unzipped all the .pk3 files of the game, and moved the .pk3 files in another directory. And the problem is gone: the grids displayed in inventory are back. Note : this is also true for the "XVI" button on the geoscape (with .pk3 => invisible; without .pk3 => visible).

I will try that! Thanks ;)

EDIT: I went to the foler where the game is installed, then I searched for ALL the pk3 files and moved to another folder (yet, that new folder with a name created by me, is inside the UfoAI folder). Then I started the game, but it failed.

What is wrong? Can you be more specific with what you did?

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 12:07:01 am by cpsogoj »

Offline Damyen

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 02:28:22 pm »
Before moving the .pk3 files out of their install folder, you had to unzip them.

So, to be more specific :), try to :
- install the most recent v2.6 build you have (or, to make a quicker try, just move back the .pk3 you removed in their original folder).
- go to the folder where the game is installed.
- unzip all the .pk3 (i did it with 7-zip, "Extract here" option).
- move all the .pk3 to another folder (I moved them in a "New folder" that was not in the UFO:AI folder)

Please tell me if it works (it worked for me with the build of the 9th september, thus it should work with more recent builds).

Offline cpsogoj

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 10:27:28 pm »
I didnt have the time yet to try it, I will check it during the weekend. Thanks a lot for the tips.

Then, I will tell you if I was lucky or not :)

Offline cpsogoj

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 02:27:47 pm »
It worked!!

Great!! Lots of thanks :)

I dont understand why it worked, but its strange to see so many nightlybuilds to fix bugs and this one is not fixed yet.

Once again, thanks!

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 06:38:33 pm »
Maybe because the devs run the game straight from the source directory and never use .pk3 files, is there a bug filed about this issue?

Offline Damyen

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 11:08:55 pm »
Thanks for your feedback :)

I don't have any single idea of "why it worked" either, but I think this was not fixed just because this is not obvious to notice: for me, the lack of grid was first tought as a "feature" of the new interface (even if this was not a really good one...); and (to repeat DarkRain's words), maybe developpers work with unzipped .pk3 (because it is easier to handle unzipped files) and didn't notice the problem (because there is no problem to notice with unzipped files).

That said, I made a bug report (n°5605).

Offline cpsogoj

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 02:15:20 pm »
Well, it worked, and thats the most important thing now :)

Offline Damyen

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 06:10:11 pm »
Hello. I had the same problem with the v2.6 version (nightly build for Windows)..... Note : this is also true for the "XVI" button on the geoscape (with .pk3 => invisible; without .pk3 => visible).

Updated info. : I may be wrong concerning the XVI button, because I started a campaign without unzipping the .pk3, and unzipped them only a few days after, while the campaign was already advanced. So disease is perhaps spreading and I am not aware of it. I'll watch carefully :)

The issue in the bugtracker was updated as well.

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 06:40:11 pm »
Not sure, but isn't it normal that the XIV button is absent at the beginning of the campaign? (v2.5)
I've thought that it would appear only after prerequisites are met (given alien interest and/or given researches), and the player is informed about the virus.
However, as XIV is not implemented yet, the button may appear under unclear circumstances.
In any case, you shouldn't be infected, or should you with v2.6?

Offline Damyen

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 12:50:03 am »
Just saw your questions -> In v2.6 too, the XVI button is not displayed at the start of the campaign. I got the button when I discovered the virus, but, at this very moment (about 90 missions done in the campaign I am playing), no evidence of infection of Earth was found yet.