project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Mystery Bombs  (Read 5298 times)

Offline MonkeyHead

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Mystery Bombs
« on: August 21, 2015, 03:33:26 pm »
Duplicate post made to the bug tracker, but this way I am more confident one of you guys will see it.

Playing nightly build from 16/8/15.

Successful completion of any mission causes the retrieval of 2 bomb items from the battlefield. These bombs spawn in the dropship tiles if the RMA gives you a dropship on missions not needing bombs. As these bombs have a mass of 4kg, they will slowly and steadily fill up stores with a useless item that is not able to be sold off.

I suspect this is linked to the recent addition of mission failure/success criteria, especially as on turn 1 2 or 3 I end up with an on screen message stating "Target area unoccupied" as either my team or the alien team moves away from its initial positions.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery Bombs
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 05:14:50 pm »
I suspect this is linked to the recent addition of mission failure/success criteria, especially as on turn 1 2 or 3 I end up with an on screen message stating "Target area unoccupied" as either my team or the alien team moves away from its initial positions.

It is indeed related to mission targets. However, they should not be stored.

Offline hoiba

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 02:36:27 pm »
I can confirm this. (using 2.6-dev windows version)

Last weekend I realized I got 120++ of these devices stored at my bases. Unable to sell them they blocked a lot of space in the bases.

I solved the situation by packing all my soldiers full with these bombs, attacking and then attacking an alien base. Once there, I dropped the bombs to the ground and aborted the mission. Had to repeat it 3 or 4 times until all bombs were disposed this way.

Hoiba (and sorry for reviving an old thread :))

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 05:24:54 pm »
The problem was already present in 2.5 because fuel dump can be won without consuming the bomb. It just was not as severe.
Once there, I dropped the bombs to the ground and aborted the mission. Had to repeat it 3 or 4 times until all bombs were disposed this way.
That kills these soldiers, doesn't it ?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 05:26:50 pm by anonymissimus »

Offline hoiba

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 11:22:46 am »
That kills these soldiers, doesn't it ?

I didn't activate the bombs. Just simply put them to the ground in the soldiers inventory screen (like switching a grenade from belt to hand).
After all Bombs were dropped, just abort the alien-base-mission and you'll dust off with all your guys but without the bombs.

I liked the idea some too curious alien would approach the many bombs and press some buttons on them :)

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 01:35:26 am »
Problem isn't solved yet. I got 2 bombs in my base. I think it's because I picked them up with some soldier and they were in inventory when the mission ended.

I wonder whether the alien's mission objective (destroying the dropship) can be made unachievable by picking up the bombs and taking them with you ?!

EDIT
Created a bug report which links here.
Note that above there's one bug and another potential one.
I was holding the bombs in left hands of some soldiers when the mission ended in order to increase the average weight carried.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 10:30:23 pm by anonymissimus »