project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Lose the Game because too many civilians died  (Read 3382 times)

Offline Dreamlord

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Lose the Game because too many civilians died
« on: June 24, 2016, 04:34:02 pm »
Hello there

Im playing the version 2.5 and for some time now i lose the game in geoscape with the text that too many civilians died. But the Nations a happy as f*** and I simply cant play the whole game without any losses. is this a bug ? or am i just bad and noone else has any dead civilians in their closet ? I mean its 0-2 dead civs per mission and its not that much.

Is there a way to deactivate that ? Because i dont see a reason to lose the game if i just let 20 civs get killed out of 8 billions at stake.

And btw the Search in this Forums sucks. In google i found 2 posts one mentioned a kill count and another said its removed by 2.4 so now im more confused why i lose this game.

Greetings from Germany
Daniel

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Lose the Game because too many civilians died
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 06:14:46 pm »
Well, that's weird the last version that had a limit of civilian casualties was... 2.2 I think? If not 2.1... so yeah that's not normal, did you happen to grab a screenshot? Also where did you install the game from?

Offline Dreamlord

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 08:42:01 pm »
Of course but it is in German:

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4396/h2cyk5ek_jpg.htm

and

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4396/t4oga3v3_jpg.htm

As you can see the satisfaction is neutral by 2 nations and better with all others. So i dont understand why i lose.

Offline Dreamlord

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 08:43:39 pm »
Zufrieden = satisfied
Erfreut = delighted

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 11:46:19 pm »
nation happiness statuses (from the source code):

Code: [Select]
if (stats->happiness < 0.015)
return _("Giving up");
else if (stats->happiness < 0.025)
return _("Furious");
else if (stats->happiness < 0.04)
return _("Angry");
else if (stats->happiness < 0.06)
return _("Mad");
else if (stats->happiness < 0.10)
return _("Upset");
else if (stats->happiness < 0.20)
return _("Tolerant");
else if (stats->happiness < 0.30)
return _("Neutral");
else if (stats->happiness < 0.50)
return _("Content");
else if (stats->happiness < 0.70)
return _("Pleased");
else if (stats->happiness < 0.95)
return _("Happy");
else
return _("Exuberant");

You are playing on normal difficulty. You should lose if half or more of the nations have less than 30% happiness. You already have 3 nations in that screenshot which seem to be on less than happiness 0.3 (America, Africa and Oceania). So probably in the moment the fourth nation drops from content to worse, you lose. Seems correct game behavior.

In reality you are losing earlier than that, because you need an increase in overall funding during the campaign. Only one of the nations has kept their starting happiness (Europe), all others got worse. As a rule of thumb, try to rescue at least half of the civilians in every mission. This then still means a slight increase in happiness, or no decrease at least.

(In German game version: Exuberant - Begeistert, Happy - Glücklich, Pleased - Erfreut, Content - Zufrieden). I don't know the others as I never had one less than content. 8)
If I have content nations, I sell UFOs to them until they are pleased again. So even on very hard (happiness >= 42%) that nation must be above the limit then. In the early campaign, I usually have about 2 nations at content.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 11:55:25 pm by anonymissimus »

Offline Dreamlord

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 08:44:35 am »
Oh ok,

i Thought that tolerant wich ist the worst of my nations happiness were not that bad. Not good but ok. So i should have them at least stay at content ?

Tanks a bunch ;)