project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Help with the modding  (Read 10223 times)

Offline cevaralien

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Help with the modding
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2016, 01:32:01 am »
Returning to my initial problem... I'm removing the Starchaser and Dragon aircraft. I removed all information related to both craft from the following files:
- research.ufo
- aircraftmanagement.ufo

But the ufoai console send me the error:

ERROR: 'craft_inter_dragon' not found.

Which files i must modify to remove a craft?

Thanks again!

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2016, 04:12:55 pm »
Returning to my initial problem... I'm removing the Starchaser and Dragon aircraft. I removed all information related to both craft from the following files:
- research.ufo
- aircraftmanagement.ufo

But the ufoai console send me the error:

ERROR: 'craft_inter_dragon' not found.

Which files i must modify to remove a craft?

Thanks again!

Unfortunately aircrafts are partly hardcoded (there are enums in C++ code referr to these entries. I think was needed for map selection for skirmish and multiplayer or so.).

What if you leave these aircrafts in, but make them never appear in game? (Make them not researchable)
Would it be good enough for you?

-geever

Offline cevaralien

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2016, 11:49:41 pm »
Done. It works fine! Thanks again, geever.

Offline cevaralien

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2016, 03:15:17 am »
Hi again.

I lost my HDD partition table and... well... all my info, including my mod. I`m doing it again, but i have some problems. This one is older, in fact, i post it here before, but, i don`t remember how i fixed it.

The console drops this message:

ERROR: RS_InitTree: Could not find a valid tech for item laserpistol

Again, i deleted all laser weapons from research.ufo, except the base turret and ammo and aircraft laser weapon. I deleted this weapons from all .ufo files of the 0ufo.pk3 file.

Thanks for the help
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 03:17:06 am by cevaralien »

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2016, 06:05:16 am »
Double check:

1. That you aren't mixing modded and unmodded (backup?) files: the game will read all the *.ufo files it can find, not only the ones that came with the game — so move your backups elsewhere.
2. That weapons_laser.ufo is either deleted or empty — if you really removed all handheld laser weapons this file can be removed.

I just tried this here (deleted weapons_laser.ufo and removed the techs from research.ufo and items from equipment.ufo) and it worked fine, so you likely missed removing some entry or file somewhere.

Offline cevaralien

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2016, 03:34:13 pm »
That is!

I have a research.ufo files outside of the 0ufo.pk3 files. I deleted it and the game works. Thanks DarkRain.

Offline cevaralien

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2016, 01:49:49 am »
Hi again.

I want to mod the character inventory places. For example, i want to move the holster more to left. How can i make it?

Another question; when i load the game, my graphic and sound settings returns to default. I tried to change the config files, but it's useless. What is happening?

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 01:56:49 am by cevaralien »

Offline cevaralien

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2016, 10:56:31 pm »
The problem with the config is solved. I give change the permissions to the .ufoai folder (hidden folder in /home).

I don't know how to move the inventory spaces yet.

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2016, 02:37:00 am »
For this you'll need to find the containers in the UI script files (located in base/ufos/ui) note that you'll need to make your changes in several of these files as each UI window is defined separately, for example inv_stat.ufo contains the inventory window used in battlescape while equipment.ufo is the one used for soldier equipment in base — I think.

Also you should know that some of these files are written in the LUA programming language rather than the usual ufoscript.

While changing just the position shouldn't be hard you might want to check the docs about menu (UI) definitions and UI lua scripting linked from http://ufoai.org/wiki/UFO-Scripts, if you also want to mod the shape of the container check the inventory definitions doc at the same place
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 02:40:50 am by DarkRain »

Offline cevaralien

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2016, 04:40:11 am »
Wow! It's a lot of info! It's seems complicated. I was thinking about reduce the inventory shape of the holster (i do it with the backpack) and do a new one for ammo clips, but, i need more reading about.

Thanks.

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2016, 06:11:10 pm »
Just changing the position should be only matter of finding the right UI element and changing it position property, so probably not that hard...

Also, actually I think you cannot add new container types with the scripts.

Offline cevaralien

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2016, 04:52:32 pm »
It's possible to load the dropship with weapons for the troops? I mean, for example, in Xcom the weapons where assigned to the craft, not the soldier. I think that UFO AI it's better in that way (many, in fact), but i played some CQB where my snipers must figth with a backup pistol! Since i reduces the backpack capacity and weigth is restrictive, i think in storage some weapons in my dropship, for this situations.

Normally, i launch a team of 3 assault troops (assault rifle), 3 CQB troops (SMG), one sniper and one machine gun. In some scenarios, i will apreciate to change the weapons on the battlefield.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 04:54:04 pm by cevaralien »

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2016, 06:50:18 pm »
It's possible to load the dropship with weapons for the troops? I mean, for example, in Xcom the weapons where assigned to the craft, not the soldier. I think that UFO AI it's better in that way (many, in fact), but i played some CQB where my snipers must figth with a backup pistol! Since i reduces the backpack capacity and weigth is restrictive, i think in storage some weapons in my dropship, for this situations.

Normally, i launch a team of 3 assault troops (assault rifle), 3 CQB troops (SMG), one sniper and one machine gun. In some scenarios, i will apreciate to change the weapons on the battlefield.

Currently you cannot store equipment in the dropship but it is planned.

-geever

Offline cevaralien

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2016, 02:16:31 am »
Hi again.

I understand that i need mod the LUA file to modify the health growth rate. Witch file i must mod?