project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: XVI and new ships  (Read 2797 times)

Offline Strzelec

• Rookie
    • View Profile
XVI and new ships
« on: April 02, 2016, 09:17:52 pm »
Hi,

Today while playing I've encountered two new alien ships. The problem is that the names of them aren't displaying while I can see names of scouts, fighters and harvesters. I also discovered new button in the right panel called "XVI" map", but it doesn't show anything interesting and there are no research projects connected with this button or new ships. Please tell me if it is a bug or I have to wait or do something, because now I'm not sure what should I do.

P.S. Please save spoilers for yourselves. I only want to know what to do with this button and new ships.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: XVI and new ships
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 01:03:32 am »

New UFO types need to be captured and researched to be identified. You See "Scout", "Fighter" and "Harvester" because you have researched them already.

The XVI map button maybe shown a little bit too early, a research or event message should explain it. (I won't  to avoid spoilers).

-geever

Offline Strzelec

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 08:22:44 pm »
Thank you for explaining it without spoilers, but the problem is that some kind of spoilers are inserted in the game, because when I opened statistics to check funding, I noticed the full name of XVI so now I have an idea of what it is. Of course it isn't a big spoiler since anyway I will probably receive this event message soon, but still it is... Please do something with that so players after me would avoid such situation.

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 09:30:30 pm »
Once you play the campaign the second time you know it anyway. Same as with UFOs. For these you actually have to play the campaign twice to be able to know what you can attack safely.

Offline Strzelec

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 05:11:51 pm »
The problem is that despite playing campaign in 2.4 I haven't reached XVI yet and I play it for the FIRST TIME.