project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Taman Homeworld  (Read 2567 times)

Offline Strzelec

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Taman Homeworld
« on: February 15, 2016, 10:53:34 pm »
Hello everyone,

Some time ago I accidentally bumped into an article about final storyline missions and one of them was called Taman Homeworld. Since then I was so curious about this because the idea of the mission is outstanding - Humanity, attacked by way better armed and outnumbering enemy, manages to do the counterattack and invade Alien's planet. But then I felt disappointed as it turned out that the mission is not in the game yet. So here's my question: do you know if there are some plans for this mission and when it would possibly appear? This mission doesn't even exist, but it has already become my favorite one.

Offline hwoarangmy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Taman Homeworld
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 11:37:56 pm »
I guess it is not likely to be added soon. This game is a spare time project and it grows with the time the volunteers want to put in. But if you want, feel free to help and create that map you are dreaming of.

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 12:26:51 am »
I wonder how that's going to be. The geoscope or campaign mode seems to be strongly build upon the fact that all tactical missions take place on a location somewhere on the earth surface. The Starchaser's description mentions something about space flight, but a galaxy map or something isn't planned I suppose.
Phalanx invading alien planet is not surprising at all. In the end of my campaign, all of the alien technology has been analyzed and acquired and partly rebuilt into better equipment. It's not a losing war or asymmetric fight, Phalanx is dominating the aliens, despite unacceptably high loss rates of civilians and soldiers. It is for some reason perfectly fine that the total number of soldiers and civilians killed are both astronomic as long as not more than half of the starting count of civilians in any mission are killed in said mission...

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 12:40:34 am »
probably special mission that you trigger like you trigger that rocket that hits carrier now. but yes its not going to happen any time soon. the best thing you can do is post your play videos around invite new people for more potential contributors to game.

Offline Strzelec

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 08:56:11 pm »
I would love to create that mission but I don't know anything about coding in this game (I had only little experience with GameMaker and CodeBlocks), same goes for map editing, not to mention creating textures, because I am a TERRIBLE drawer.

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 04:06:46 pm »
This makes me remember the two-staged Cydonian mission back to X-Com!

As this thread's title seems perfect, I go on:

We could do more:
  • two-staged, "Cydonia-like", Alien Base on Earth missions;
  • very late game, two-staged, "Cydonia-like", missions on the Moon, planets, satellites or asteroids, to purge the solar system, now the aliens are denied access to Earth (would be like a training for the elite of PHALANX, before the final mission, and to take use of spaceflight-able dropships and fighters);
  • the final mission proper (either to hit the last mothership or a origin world if more of a "brain", or to disable a "travel gate" to stop the spreading if more of an "amoeba").

(to be continued)