project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: A list of models UFO:AI needs  (Read 32293 times)

Hoehrer

A list of models UFO:AI needs
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2006, 12:20:22 pm »
Quote from: "De_Nis"
I have made flare model.
Stun Gas Grenade was ready see Smoke Grenades screenshot.

Cool, a flare. :D

I suppose with 'ready' you mean you have a finished "stun grenade"-texture as seen in the screenshot? Could you send it to me, since i can't find it in the previous mails i got from you. Or is it still a WIP?

Werner

Offline De_Nis

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2006, 08:49:35 pm »
I send it

cycyc

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2006, 10:41:37 am »
Great job your doing! The X-mas release brought to me the 3 finest hours of gaming I've had in a while. Once we used to work on a half-life mod in X-Com style..  :lol: long ago
I wanted to do some modelling now, but the documentation just showed me what to do, not how to do it. Finally I found trunk/base/models , where some of the models were made with blender and the textures made with gimp. Puhhh. I guess I can comply with that.
Anyways. Do I get it right (I really don't know much about Quake2), that you guys compile models into a format Q2-Engine likes (whats it called?), and I just have to post .blend & .jpg (maybe xcf in addition) somewhere?

Hoehrer

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2006, 11:23:09 am »
Quote from: "De_Nis"
I send it

Many thanks :D
I've commited the models (gas-grenade+flare), but i still need to make a md2-model (and some screens) out of it.

Werner

Hoehrer

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2006, 11:47:14 am »
Quote from: "cycyc"
Great job your doing! The X-mas release brought to me the 3 finest hours of gaming I've had in a while. Once we used to work on a half-life mod in X-Com style..  :lol: long ago
I wanted to do some modelling now, but the documentation just showed me what to do, not how to do it. Finally I found trunk/base/models , where some of the models were made with blender and the textures made with gimp. Puhhh. I guess I can comply with that.

We try to use open-source software (e.g blender, wings3d, gimp, etc...) when making the models/images so we have less problems when re-using the source-files of the models/images, but other formats are welcome as well... though this advantage is then gone.

Just out of curiosity: what do you use for modelling+image-manipulation?
Quote from: "cycyc"
Anyways. Do I get it right (I really don't know much about Quake2), that you guys compile models into a format Q2-Engine likes (whats it called?), and I just have to post .blend & .jpg (maybe xcf in addition) somewhere?

The game uses the MD2 model format, but you can send us everything from MD2,OBJ,3DS and some more ... whatever you can export/save. Personally i prefer the format that is more close to the source and/or more universal (e.g obj) Don't bother with the export to md2 if your program doesn't support it, we'll do that for you.

In general: The more you can (and want to) give to the project the better. e.g.: blend/max + obj + xcf/photoshop + jpg/tga/png is a rather common combination for the newer models.

Werner

cycyc

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2006, 02:28:05 pm »
Since switching to SUSE, I dont use anything BUT Gimp & Blender :lol: . Now I'll print the todo list and start drawing. IF I ever get anything done, I'll post it on my ftp or something. Or maybe you open up an "incoming" folder.

Greets Ivan

dEGRYSIN

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2006, 08:27:31 pm »
Yo!
I wanna make some organic- Ufo soldiers. Just tell me what kinda of txtures do U use. Normal+specular maps? What res?

Hoehrer

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2006, 09:00:14 am »
Quote from: "dEGRYSIN"
Yo!
I wanna make some organic- Ufo soldiers. Just tell me what kinda of txtures do U use. Normal+specular maps? What res?

Currently we do not use any special (normal/spec/etc..) textures in the game (at least i don't know any).
I don't know if the original Q2 engine supported them (i doubt it) and/or if the engine uses some modification (Quakeforge?) to make them work.

The texture sizes are mentioned on the first page of this thread.

What type of soldiers do you have in mind?

Werner

cycyc

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2006, 10:10:07 pm »
Damn sickness keeps me from modelling...
But:
How about stealing? I found these 2 nice shots of Xenocide...
http://www.projectxenocide.com/images/artxnetweapons15-800.jpg
http://www.projectxenocide.com/images/artxnetweapons12-800.jpg
Anyways, when things stay in the GPL family, there should be no Problems.

LG

Offline De_Nis

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2006, 11:00:48 pm »
Ha-ha!
Are you really want steal this?

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2006, 01:38:49 am »
Nah, let's not.

Walle

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2006, 02:57:33 am »
Hello

Does this look like a Heavylaserrifle?

http://wallbing.com/filer/heavylaser.zip

/Walle

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2006, 03:00:04 pm »
It looks like a zip file...

P.S. About stealing --- Xenocide is no longer under GNU GPL, so stealing would be bad for the licensing of our project.

Walle

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2006, 04:36:43 pm »
Quote from: "Bandobras"
It looks like a zip file...

the model is inside the zip file...   :D

**Edit**
ive made some changes to my last model, and i want some comments about the model...

http://wallbing.com/filer/heavylaser0.1.zip (The model is in .obj and .wings format inside the zip file)

/Walle

kaeau

3d modeller/skinner needed?
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2006, 09:05:20 pm »
hi all!

i would be happy to help out in modelling stuff for ufo : alien invasion.
im workin with 3dsmax and, well, quite used to it.

the only thing is, that i dont like to dig deep in exporting issues, etc in first instance, so is there a possibility to e.g. send the *.max files to you, if ready, and someone will take care of the export at first?

im most of the time near the edge timewise working for my clients, so i cant find the time right now learning completly the exporting process, but as said, is there a way to help you out, otherwise?

im still playing ufo enemy unknown time by time, thats my motivation writing this thread. along with www.ninc.at, my company, you can view some models and gamestuff i made at www.3dtowns.at. but be warned, these are not the latest works, they come from the days when i was dreaming about developing indie games with a small crew.

thanks in advance!
ka
www.ninc.at
www.nnw.at
www.3dtowns.at