Technical support > Linux

Compiling uforadiant

(1/1)

quazgar:
Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on an ebuild (package script) for Gentoo, but fail to get uforadiant successfully installed.  For testing purposes I tried a local install, with the following setup:

* Got ufo-2.5-source and -data and unpacked the archives.
* Configured with: ./configure --prefix=$HOME/.local/ufo-2.5
* make install-uforadiant
Unfortuantely, starting uforadiant fails immediately with

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/XXX/.local/ufo-2.5/games/ufo//radiant/game.xml"

and a correspondig error dialog.  A few output lines before, it emits warnings that it can't find user.xml and the splash image:

**-WARNING **: image could not get loaded: '/home/XXX/.local/ufo-2.5/games/ufo//radiant/bitmaps/uforadiantsplash.png'.

Any idea what I might do to fix this? Adding some copy commands to some Makefile?

anonymissimus:
I don't know why radiant would need to be installable. It's the map editor, which is of use only for developers, and as such you are running executables from your checkout...

Mattn:
you can execute it directly from your git checkout. just start it by $checkout: ./radiant/uforadiant. It needs all the files that are in $checkout: ./radiant - so if there are some copy commands missing, please submit a pull request on github or attach a patch here.

geever:
There is a bug in our install scripts: They don't install the radiant directory at all. I just updated Gentoo Bug#515660 with an ebuild that actually works (with the patches along with it).

-geever

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version