project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Do agonizing aliens count on the kill stats?  (Read 2210 times)

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Do agonizing aliens count on the kill stats?
« on: September 25, 2015, 12:12:16 am »
Hello,

I was wondering if any alien who die from wounds is counted as a kill in the stats and experience gain of the soldier who wounded him?
This question raised several more.

• When an alien get wounded and die at the beginning of the next or subsequent turns, does it count? Should it count?
  • When an alien get several wounds by several soldiers, who should be credited the kill?
  • When an alien die from walking in a lethal field (IC as for now), or from wounds suffered in such a field, is the soldier who set the field credited the kill? Should he be?
  • When an alien is (instantly, not through bleeding) stunned does it count as a kill? Should it count, if we consider that a neutralized alien is a good one too?

Hence the suggestion, if possible:
  • To attach a soldier Id to any sustained wound (wounds would get an "owner").
  • Then if the alien dies from this wound, the soldier gets credited.
  • If several wounds are sustained, the most serious one is deemed to be the fatal one, and the corresponding soldier gets credited.
  • To attach a soldier Id to any damage field (and then a wound caused by this field).
    In case fields are not cumulative or the owner can't be tracked when several IC are set on the same squares, the last soldier to put on a field is the "owner".

This suggestions keep with the current rule that the last one to shoot is the killer (even if the target was largely softened by other soldiers).

About question 4, is it fair to be credited a kill when a soldier spends 3 full turns and unload a laser pistol on a stunned Ortnok? That this "target practice" does rise the Close Combat skill like any successful hit (even if at point blank...) is a thing, but the extra experience from the kill? (Given that he who stunned the alien only got one successful hit)

• Let's credit a stunning hit as a killing hit (as far as experience gain and promotion is concerned).
  • Also, killing a stunned alien doesn't count as a kill anymore (only as a hit).

The fact that a stunned alien could awake or be awaken shouldn't alter the proposal: if killed or stunned thereafter, it would count a second time, etc. Or, are the chances that a player would abuse this system for real?

Offline pete conway

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Do agonizing aliens count on the kill stats?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 09:56:00 am »
No, not as far as I know, (2.5 stable)
In a base attack with virgin soldiers I have seen 9 aliens and my troops have only acquired 3 kills as the rest all died wandering around with wounds till they died.

Offline Mech

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Do agonizing aliens count on the kill stats?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 11:53:33 pm »
I also point out, that civilians, wounded by friendly fire, aren`t counted as killed by Phalanx operatives (if they had survived at least one turn after getting wounded).