project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: contrib/map-get/update.py not getting certain maps  (Read 4105 times)

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
contrib/map-get/update.py not getting certain maps
« on: October 30, 2015, 09:10:41 pm »
This is not actually a bug report, more a statement and question.

I deleted all of the downloaded or self-compiled maps and wanted to get all of the maps anew by running python contrib/map-get/update.py
However, that omits quite a few maps, 69 are reported as version mismatched. For instance, all of the bsp files for a human base are missing. Is this perhaps since the .map files have been edited since the last time the corresponding downloadable .bsp files have been updated ? As the .map files are under version control and my repo is on recent master.
I modified update.py to just download the latest available version anyway, now I can launch a base defense mission. Using ufo2map on all of the required maps would likely have worked as well. IIRC it can happen that that doesn't work because of the version mismatch, in which case I would have to compile those myself.
So that would have been the reason why the .bsp files weren't downloaded back then: http://ufoai.org/forum/index.php/topic,8691.0.html
Anyway, might be better if update.py would just ignore or optionally ignore a version mismatch.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 09:13:08 pm by anonymissimus »

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: contrib/map-get/update.py not getting certain maps
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 10:11:01 pm »
As our buildbot died some weeks ago, the precompiled maps may be not up to date. Just guessing, though.

If this is the case, ignoring the version mismatch would download outdated .bsp files, which might cause further problems. So I think the only solution for now is to compile the missing files yourself.

Offline hwoarangmy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 11:52:06 pm »
As our buildbot died some weeks ago, the precompiled maps may be not up to date. Just guessing, though.
Note that you can probably use appVeeyor/Travis as buildbots.

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 08:14:04 pm »
Can make maps be instructed to compile only those maps that haven't been changed since they were compiled the last time ? Maybe this is even the default behavior ? If some C++ file hasn't changed since it was compiled for the last time, then it is normally not recompiled however. So that one can download the compiled maps with the script as far as possible and self-compile "only" the remaining maps to shorten the required time.
Also, I found that the -j n option doesn't seem to work for me in the case of make maps.