project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: [map] Variable alignement of transport causes variable exit paths  (Read 2265 times)

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Hello,

Depending on the map, just as well with the Firebird as with the Heracles transport (the others I don't know yet), I experience various exit paths. At first, I suspected it was connected to the rescue zone, as it may varies as far as the Firebird is concerned. Now, I'd think it's rather a variable alignment with some map grid. Sometimes, it may even be asymmetrical (I'm not sure for the Firebird).

Does this depends on how the maps were created in the past? Could this be corrected? Do you need the maps names ?

Screenshot 1-3:
Firebird with T-rescue zone: symmetrical, 2-squares exit
Firebird with T-rescue zone: asymmetrical exit (indeed, I'm not sure but I once could have a 3-squares wide exit)
Firebird with square rescue zone: 2-squares exit,  loss of the two front-most squares (not an exit concern, but a real cover one!)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 03:02:17 pm by Rodmar »

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: [map] Variable alignement of transport causes variable exit paths
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 03:00:29 pm »
Screenshots 4-5:
Heracles (rescue zone seems to be the same): symmetrical, short exit
Heracles: asymmetrical exit (it seems linked to the corner of the exit ramp being at the center of a square instead of being at a corner (?)).

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [map] Variable alignement of transport causes variable exit paths
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 03:25:18 pm »
Over time, various fixes/improvements are made. So maps might use different versions of dropships, UFOs and stuff.