project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Advance time button!  (Read 2404 times)

Offline pete conway

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Advance time button!
« on: September 22, 2015, 05:45:54 pm »
I'm currently using 2.5 stable

Is there a way for me to change the 5 second button to say 30 seconds, I find that 5 second advance in interception is too slow and the next one 5 minutes can be too fast (60 times faster) when trying to organise a fleet to intercept an Alien craft, I read a complex proposal for interceptions in suggestions which sounded exciting... but the big ol' wagging finger says to me ...hold on fella, someone's gotta do this and work out all the bugs on top of everything else they may have on their plate, so it likely may never happen! so...
Is there a way for me to change the 5 second button into a useful 30 second button, or is it hard coded

Offline pete conway

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Advance time button!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 11:55:41 am »
Ahhh... nobody knows or cares to tell huh!

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 12:46:20 pm »
The fast forwarding mechanics are inappropriate IMHO. I also consider the difference between 2 and 3 too much and between 1 (pause) and 2 too little, so I toggle between 1 and 3.
The buttons way to the right I never use. The speed probably increases exponentially or something. A linear increase may be better.

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 11:37:09 pm »
After having a quick peek at the source: The different time lapses seem to be hard-coded

Offline pete conway

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 10:08:35 am »
Thanks for the reply DarkRain, I suppose some things are bound to slip through the net when making something as big as UFO AI