project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Target zone explanation?  (Read 2049 times)

Offline mikehg

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Target zone explanation?
« on: September 20, 2015, 02:12:56 pm »
Hello,

Very happy to see the pathfinding bug is fixed, so back to playing UFO:AI on 2.6-dev.

I just did a base defence, and after a few turns I 'spontaneously' lost the game - presumably because the aliens had occupied the target zone (power plant) for a certain number of consecutive turns or something?

I couldn't find any explanation in the wiki or the forums. Can someone let me know what's going on? (I realise the feature is under development, so am not expecting it to be fully balanced or set in stone).

Thanks.

P.s. incidentally, aside from the pathfinding bug, the biggest problem I've been having is the gamma not working (at least on Linux-64 with Intel graphics). Night missions are more or less unplayable unless my room is in close to total darkness. Would be amazing if someone could fix that  ;)

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Target zone explanation?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 03:58:57 pm »
the biggest problem I've been having is the gamma not working (at least on Linux-64 with Intel graphics). Night missions are more or less unplayable unless my room is in close to total darkness.
Perhaps depends on graphics hardware and/or system driver stuff.
I always adjust the monitor's brightness. Annoying.
EDIT
This works for me on system level (Lubuntu trusty, shell command or in ~/.xprofile):
Code: [Select]
xrandr --output VGA-0 --brightness 0.7Makes it darker, for brighter you probably need > 1.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 04:02:46 pm by anonymissimus »

Offline mikehg

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Target zone explanation?
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 04:30:08 pm »
Great stuff - thanks for that. I was already at my maximum brightness on the monitor, didn't occur to me to look at xrandr.

Cheers.