project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: A first, fast review of ufoai.po  (Read 2196 times)

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
A first, fast review of ufoai.po
« on: September 01, 2015, 12:05:54 am »
v2.5
ufoai-fr.po (downloaded on this day)

#727 A container harbour.
-> A container harbour
(No other map names get a '.')

#909 The aliens penetrated our base defenses and are inside the compound.
-> The aliens penetrated our outer/surface base defenses and are inside the compound.
(What are these penetrated defenses: SAM, and/or the usual surface security forces? The 12-team you keep in the base is specifically here to defend the base, and it's belong to the inner/indoors base defense.)

#1071 Skills and Abilities
#1130-1137 Attributes and Proficiencies
#1214 Stats

(Although I understand what synonyms are in extended text, in terms of game interface, there should rather be some consistency in the naming.)

#1377 Kill this alien
-> Kill these aliens [or] Kill this species
(it's the button that is in each species' box in the Containment screen. I didn't test, but they are to selectively kill all the prisoners of a given species, aren't they?)

#2452 You can't equip an alien technology
-> You can't equip an alien technology yet
(I'm not sure here, but why alien craft equipment would be listed in the Craft prep screen (a new feature as compared to v2.4), if they aren't meant to equip a PHALANX craft ever?)

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: A first, fast review of ufoai.po
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 02:06:18 am »
#1377 Kill this alien
-> Kill these aliens [or] Kill this species
(it's the button that is in each species' box in the Containment screen. I didn't test, but they are to selectively kill all the prisoners of a given species, aren't they?)

I thought this button allowed you to kill one alien at a time? (So maybe "Kill one alien")

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: A first, fast review of ufoai.po
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 04:47:41 pm »
I thought this button allowed you to kill one alien at a time? (So maybe "Kill one alien")
You are right. And this should definitively be "Kill one alien". The feature works correctly (one less living alien, one more dead alien of same species).

#1385 Equip Defence Weapons
The same window opens upon selecting a SAM site or a SAM/Laser base defence building.
The French translation is terrible but I wonder if English version could sound more precise and "military" too.

-> "Equip Defence Weapon System"

Because you don't actually handle a weapon, but a entire weapon system (several laser and/or missile battery). Currently, it looks a bit like you load your PRL with a rocket...
Secondly, you don't manage all of your defence "weapons", only those that are attached to this site/building.