project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Assignement information on the soldiers' roster in the Employees screen  (Read 2159 times)

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Hello,

I'm just starting playing with v2.5 and I am very pleased with all the new features as compared to v2.4.

For example, we may now equip all of our soldiers from within the Employees screen without having to assign them to a transport and their backpack is now saved when they are de-assigned.

Currently, on the Employees screen, all the soldiers appear in the same roster with no life bar nor affectation information. What could be of some help when you organize your soldiers in a large base (16 soldiers or more) is the knowledge of those who are currently affected to any transports and eventually, those who are wounded.

Suggestion: add some color code or icon (plane, "H") to any soldier's name in the roster, who's currently affected to a transport (when you want to equip your base defense team) or wounded (to avoid having to navigate to the Hospital or the Transport screen, and back there).

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Assignement information on the soldiers' roster in the Employees screen
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 06:53:39 pm »
2.6 is going to have a completely new UI, but your points are valid here. You may want to create a formal feature request on our bug tracker to make sure it is not missed.

-geever

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 03:38:10 pm »
I just saw on the Let's Play video by H-Hour, that in v2.6, there was a plane icon left to each soldier's name. Hence, I assume that the "Display assignment" feature is (going to be) implemented.

Offline hwoarangmy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 07:39:28 pm »
Currently, on the Employees screen, all the soldiers appear in the same roster with no life bar nor affectation information. What could be of some help when you organize your soldiers in a large base (16 soldiers or more) is the knowledge of those who are currently affected to any transports and eventually, those who are wounded.
I confirm that in 2.6, there is an icon for soldiers affected to a transport plane. Moreover, the name of wounded soldiers is displayed with a different color so it is pretty easy to know who is hurt.