project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Bad xml file for savegame in german  (Read 3703 times)

Offline mitsch

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Bad xml file for savegame in german
« on: June 12, 2015, 08:46:29 pm »
hello,

i have a bad save file in the language german, after research XVI Virus, the savefiles are corupptet when loading. please, can you check this position and fix it?  ;)

Thank you for the effort

grettings

mitsch

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bad xml file for savegame in german
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 01:18:23 pm »
It is fixed already in the mainline. Please download the latest de.po, compile it using poedit and replace the mo file in your game.

-geever

Offline mitsch

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 08:37:53 pm »
It is fixed already in the mainline. Please download the latest de.po, compile it using poedit and replace the mo file in your game.

-geever

ähm, sorry, i download tihs game for 10 days, my main file has been the last update on 14 ( day) 05 ( month) 2015 ( year) ... sorry german date system.

i install for 3 days a secons ufoai game, with this update dates, and i have a new starting... a save with 5 days bevor ending the the research xvi... there is notting in main updatet, when the update are inside, the bug were fixes and no problem are there...

but the problem is here... with the older update date... and please, dont save with words, because my motherlanguage is german not english...

thanks for help ;)

mitsch

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 11:11:07 pm »
Yes, no new releases were done since the fix, sorry. To make it easier I downloaded the file (from Git), compiled it for you and attached the mo file here.

Please find your current German translation file and overwrite it with the one attached to this post.

I can't tell you exactly out of mind where the language file is but it is either in the user dir or in the Program Files dir, in some  base/i18n/de/...*.mo file, see the FAQ for the userdir path:
http://ufoai.org/wiki/Manual:FAQ#General (Make sure you enable showing hidden files)

Another option would be playing on English as the bug was related to a translation issue happened in the German translation file only.
The game won't be able to load the corrupted savegames, but with a fixed language file (or playing on other languages) won't corrupt new games at least.

hth
-geever
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 11:13:21 pm by geever »

Offline mitsch

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 11:38:43 am »
Yes, no new releases were done since the fix, sorry. To make it easier I downloaded the file (from Git), compiled it for you and attached the mo file here.

Please find your current German translation file and overwrite it with the one attached to this post.

I can't tell you exactly out of mind where the language file is but it is either in the user dir or in the Program Files dir, in some  base/i18n/de/...*.mo file, see the FAQ for the userdir path:
http://ufoai.org/wiki/Manual:FAQ#General (Make sure you enable showing hidden files)

Another option would be playing on English as the bug was related to a translation issue happened in the German translation file only.
The game won't be able to load the corrupted savegames, but with a fixed language file (or playing on other languages) won't corrupt new games at least.

hth
-geever

ok wunderfull, its work. ;) (bevor the xvi virus was researched)

sorry i have my problem here in forum for anser button, so i write it offer "quote" ^^

the directory you say is korrekt. i think, the next week i go to learn something about git. first time, i must look, however git funktion :D

thanks a lot for your good explanation and for spending some time ;)

greetings from germany, its a wonderfull game ;)