project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Is this game going somewhere ?  (Read 4714 times)

Offline Tchey

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Is this game going somewhere ?
« on: June 07, 2015, 12:33:48 pm »
Hello,

I wonder if this game is going to become something. I mean, it  has a very slow developpement, 2.6 is still not the Stable version, and plenty of other Xcom-like are out or soon to be out, nowadays.

Do you still have motivation to develop UFO:AI or you think it's done and only some small patching is requiered ?

I really enjoyed the few games i've played, and i was expecting "more" to come "soon", so i simply ask, maybe i misunderstood your goals.

Thanks for all that great work, anyway.

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Is this game going somewhere ?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 02:44:36 pm »
You don't appear to know how difficult or time consuming development is. A project can be considered about dead if there's no commit at all for at least one year. So UFO:AI is perfectly fine - look at the git log. The latest stable 2.5 is roughly just one year old IIRC. Much better than most other projects I know.
Patches welcome of course, as usually.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 02:48:10 pm by anonymissimus »

Offline TBeholder

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 05:19:28 pm »
I wonder if this game is going to become something. I mean, it  has a very slow developpement, 2.6 is still not the Stable version
(comes here from VegaStrike forum)
(blinks) ???
What are you talking about?
 ;)

Offline Visitor

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 12:24:21 am »
With games like this, developed and available free of charge "more" can often be expected, but "soon" is a bit of a stretch. The work progresses tiny bit further nearly every day, however.

madrsihands

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 07:15:29 am »
well I've tried most other opensource versions and this is the best polished one with an intuitive interface.

Offline Tchey

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 10:20:24 am »
Hi !

I'm still hoping for some 2.6 Stable, as this game is probably one of the best of its genre, even compared to "modern games".

My favorites are UFO:AI and Xenonauts+mods.

I can't contribute because of lack of relevant skills, and it's sad to see there is no more traction for UFO:AI, with almost no major updates as far as i know, for the last 3 years.

Best with for 2019, hoping to see a stable 2.6 one day, and, let's be crazy, a 3.0 before the end of times.