project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: build of fork fails on linux: lua link error  (Read 3479 times)

Offline xray

• Rookie
    • View Profile
build of fork fails on linux: lua link error
« on: June 01, 2015, 09:52:35 pm »
Hi,

I've created a fork of the main branch to work on lua integration for the ui (see topic: lua design thoughts). Currently picking up where I left in januari and the first thing I wanted to do was to create a linux build environment so that build validation can also be performed on the linux platform (my dev platform is windows).

Now the following issue arises. The repository main branch compiles just fine on windows and linux using configure and make.
My fork however produces link errors if I use configure and make. If I use the C::B project, the build is succesfull on windows. On linux C::B uses the makefile, so it fails. All link errors are related to missing lua functions. So it somehow doesn't link in the required c-files (my guess)

But that doesn't make sense since the main branch also uses lua and this one is building fine. I cannot find any differences in the makefiles that explains this. But the truth is, I'm no expert on makefiles. My fork is found on https://github.com/rxadmin/ufoai.

Help please..

Thx.
xray

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: build of fork fails on linux: lua link error
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 12:39:39 am »
My guess is that since the main repo only uses lua for the game (battlescape) library lua is not getting linked with the client side...

I'm currently in the process of restoring my local git repo since it somehow got corrup.ted and see if I can recover the commits I lost, once I sort that out I could take a look, if no one beats me to it