project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Expand the Tactical Maps, alien ships etc.  (Read 3112 times)

Offline TeemuMilto

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Expand the Tactical Maps, alien ships etc.
« on: April 19, 2015, 05:03:41 pm »
Hey, Alien Invasion 2.5 is a polished, smooth and stable game, and I like it. I'd be happy to pay money for it, if it was a paid game, but could we please have the rest of the features in Enemy Unknown 1991? I see that UFO: AI is getting monthly updates, recently in Feb and March 2015.

-Landed or crashed ships have no alien craft maps
-More terrain models, pinetrees, mountains, arctic, dunes, crop fields
-bigger maps needed
-Biomes
-Elevation

Various other suggestions:
-(new) cover system for soldiers
-in the Equip soldier screen, renaming a person makes the list of boarded soldiers disappear
-in the hospital screen, the health of the sick units all seem to have 100 % health
-scientists and engineers have no skill points
-grenade launcher needs more range. In combat, they are really used beyond buildings from a long way
-in the World map, when a UFO appears, and some of the speeds are clicked, nothing happens. It is solved by clicking a faster speed.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 05:10:19 pm by TeemuMilto »

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Expand the Tactical Maps, alien ships etc.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 06:33:05 pm »
Some maps have crashed ships some dont. some ships are just too big to put it in map. But if you can make new maps im sure everyone would be very grateful. The same with ships etc.
biomass - this is new game with new story. not sure biomass is in this story.

i will abduct this topic for question for team ;D
I know making ladders would require new animations, but what about very steep steps? Not sure how high can solider step but how wide does have to be edge for solider to step on?

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 08:58:01 pm »
Hey, Alien Invasion 2.5 is a polished, smooth and stable game, and I like it. A: Glad to hear you like it. I'd be happy to pay money for it, if it was a paid game A: By donating you can help to pay for our server, see news page. , but could we please have the rest of the features in Enemy Unknown 1991? A: No!? Nobody here tries to do a remake of this game. I see that UFO: AI is getting monthly updates, recently in Feb and March 2015. A: Sometimes late, but true.

-Landed or crashed ships have no alien craft maps A: Partly true, what is your suggestion about this?
-More terrain models, pinetrees, mountains, arctic, dunes, crop fields A: What is your suggestion about this?
-bigger maps needed A: True, what is your suggestion about this?
-Biomes A: What is your suggestion about this?
-Elevation A: What is your suggestion about this?

Various other suggestions:
-(new) cover system for soldiers A: There is proposal about implementing a visibility system, not sure if this what you mean.
-in the Equip soldier screen, renaming a person makes the list of boarded soldiers disappear A: please open a ticket for this in our tracker
-in the hospital screen, the health of the sick units all seem to have 100 % health A: please open a ticket for this in our tracker
-scientists and engineers have no skill points A: by design
-grenade launcher needs more range. A: no
-in the World map, when a UFO appears, and some of the speeds are clicked, nothing happens. It is solved by clicking a faster speed. A: please open a ticket for this in our tracker

Beside that - This is an Open Source Project, so you could fork it and implement whatever you want.  ;)

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 09:21:08 pm »
i will abduct this topic for question for team ;D
Just ask.

I know making ladders would require new animations, but what about very steep steps? Not sure how high can solider step but how wide does have to be edge for solider to step on?
There is a limit, which prevents an actor from ascending/descending a level within less than a cell. Not sure about the max stepup, would need to look this up. There is a raised_hide. map in prefabs/theme_forest/ that shows the max an actor can move.
Not sure if I really understand the last question. In my experience an actor can stand upon a brush as small as 1x1 units.

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 09:24:26 am »
I mean if player can step up 5 units, can step be 1 unit wide? That would make very steep steps, might not look very pretty but could imitate ladder.

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 04:16:04 am »
You might want to have a look at this: http://ufoai.org/wiki/Mapping/Ladders_and_Stairs unfortunately no info on ladders, which makes me suspect they aren't fully implemented yet... (plus AFIAK we don't have ladder climbing animations, so my suspicions are probably correct)

EDIT:
<..>
biomass - this is new game with new story. not sure biomass is in this story.
<...>
I'm pretty sure he meant Biomes, you know, as in ecosystems :)
(Just saying)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 04:31:23 am by DarkRain »