project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: User interface problems in 2.6 dev IA 32 March 6 2015  (Read 3019 times)

Offline beng

• Rookie
    • View Profile
User interface problems in 2.6 dev IA 32 March 6 2015
« on: March 10, 2015, 12:32:16 pm »
Hi after playing 2.5 I downloaded and installed 2.6

I started a new campaign and built my first base. Now the problem is, I can't find the button to hire staff. Where is it?

I have to say I think the 2.5 user interface is better. The 2.6 one has mystery icons and it is not obvious to the user what they are for.

Also when I look at the pilot for an aircraft in the aircraft screen, and then click on another aircraft, a lot of useless info about the pilot pops up above him, like his stats for strength, speed, accuracy, CQB etc which are all 0.

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: User interface problems in 2.6 dev IA 32 March 6 2015
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 06:53:54 pm »
First, keep in mind that the new UI is still under development, so it is expected that you will find all kinds of problems with it, still it should be playable, as for hiring staff: click on the staff buttons/count (the head icons at the bottom of the base window)

Offline AntJam

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 12:27:45 pm »
Moving from the 2.5 UI to 2.6 can be jarring took me a while to work out how to do things but I have to say I now much prefer 2.6. Going back to the old 2.5 UI (from 2.6) it looks chunky and clunky

Offline beng

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 06:38:31 pm »
The 2.6 interface is harder to use and will put new players off.

Another problem in the battlescape interface: selecting soldiers. When I select a soldier and the move the view somewhere else to see an alien and want to select the soldier again to move the view back to him, using the keyboard, I don't know what number to press because there is no indication of which number soldier is selected. Also the faint yellow line around the soldier icons is hard to see and it is hard to see which soldier is selected by looking at that. Especially against a snow background. There is more mystery meat icons on the battlescape view too and the visible alien icon is small and hard to click on.