project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Which UFOs land so they can be captured intact?  (Read 3227 times)

Offline beng

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Which UFOs land so they can be captured intact?
« on: February 07, 2015, 03:11:33 pm »
Hi, which UFOs will land so they can be captured intact with all their antimatter? So far here is what I have noticed:

Scout - will sometimes land

Fighter - will sometimes land, but less frequently

Harvester - often lands for terror missions or alien activity or base assault. Sometimes just flies around looking to bomb radar towers and SAM sites without landing.

Supply Ship - always lands to build or supply alien bases, but can never be attacked when landed so no use, have to shoot it down.

Corrupter - as for harvester

Gun boat - I have never seen it land, has anyone seen one land?

Bomber - I have seen too few to know how it behaves but I think I saw a landed one once.

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Which UFOs land so they can be captured intact?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 04:12:16 pm »
All can land. Supply ships (to create a mission, not a base) and gunboats very seldom.
Undamaged harvesters and corrupters often create relatively easy ground missions and are effective to disassemble, let them land. Scouts, fighters and supply ships should be shot down (and can be defeated without advanced interceptors). Crashed supply ship missions tend to be very difficult though...I may ignore some of them.

Offline beng

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Which UFOs land so they can be captured intact?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 06:55:28 pm »
I just had a gunboat land at my base to assault it, the first time i had one land intact. Usually they seem to fly aimlessly around without landing until they get enough SAM site hits to crash.

I have never seen supply ships land to create a mission, maybe i did not let enough of them land.
When they crash, they seem to mostly crash in frozen landscapes or deserts with few civilians around.

The bomber lands to create terror missions.  It works more like a terror ship than a bomber, and appears very rarely.