project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Key Shortcuts / ui  (Read 2143 times)

Offline Talos

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Key Shortcuts / ui
« on: February 01, 2015, 04:17:30 pm »
Hello. I'm new here. After playing this game a bit i have to say it is very good  :)

I would like to make some suggestions. These suggestions may have been already suggested by another user but anyways I am going to say it.

My suggestion is in the case the does not have keyboard shortcuts, to add these for battlescape.
I'd like to be able to change all unit's options and movements with my keyboard as I think it would be faster. A lot of people like using keyboard shortcuts for a lot of things in games.

Another thing I think is the battlescape UI for commands is nice but I'd like to be able to choose between 2 or more UI styles or themes. I personally would prefer a much more space/darkish/Alienish theme would look very good and fit well with the rest of the ingame interface. I think when you are in geoscape and you start a battle, the AI looks kind of too different from the overall UI and the change looks weird to me.
This was all. Sorry for my English :)
I know there is an option for changing the style of the UI but the only other option is one for tables I think. It would be nice if someone made one for battles specifically.

Offline Vae Victis

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Key Shortcuts / ui
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 09:40:33 pm »
I'm playing v2.6 right now and there doesn't seem to be a key for showing higher/lower terrain level. Currently it's done through those two small arrows in the left upper corner. It can get really annoying when I misclick one and send my soldier to certain doom.

Another issue is the mouse-scroller buying/selling in the Market screen. Is there a way to disable that? Because I'm used to scrolling just to see the entire list of items - not to buy them.

Offline AntJam

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 12:45:17 pm »
You can use the up/down cursor keys to change the map level . Left/right to rotate view
 There is a whole list of key shortcuts in the options as well
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 12:48:10 pm by AntJam »

Offline Vae Victis

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 03:28:33 pm »
Thanks! I didn't notice that.

The mousewheel selling is still a (minor) problem, though.