project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Cameras in parking garage  (Read 6009 times)

Offline Tualha

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Cameras in parking garage
« on: January 23, 2015, 07:01:18 pm »
One of the "urban periphery" maps is a big, tall parking garage. Cameras all over the place. In the basement, there's a camera room, looks just like the one in your base. You can get the door open with a grenade. But unlike in a base defense mission, being in there doesn't do you any good; you can't see anything from the cameras. Is that still being worked on or something?

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Cameras in parking garage
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 09:05:56 am »
What version are you playing?

In current master the nannycams are correctly linked, as can be seen below. Not sure about 2.5 stable, though.

Offline beng

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 11:37:23 am »
Subway stations should also have CCTV because of terrorism scares. Also super markets.

Offline Tualha

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 10:57:19 pm »
Yes, it's 2.5. I guess it wasn't quite set up yet. Oh well, thanks.

Offline cannonfodder558

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Cameras/ patch/update of UFOAI
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 07:41:37 am »
cameras in parking garage

Hello everybody.

The cameras (great idea!) definitely don't work in v2.5 (stable).

I would appreciate this being fixed.
Would probably stop me getting slaughtered in close combat.

Thank you very much in advance.

If it is fixed in future: how do I update/patch my version? Or do I have to backup my savegames, reinstall the game and reimport them? Could you please tell me
which files /folders have to be backuped?

Kind regards
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 06:49:44 am by cannonfodder558 »

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 01:40:01 pm »
uninstall and than install again. just dont uninstall saved games.

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 05:31:15 pm »
They definitely don't work in 2.6 either. I should have seen some civilians as well, whom I later spotted in the same turn. Just in case the aliens are currently out of camera range. So, there must be some check in the related code for whether we are in a base defense mission.
Some of the cameras seem to be working. I could definitely (well...never say definitely) see an alien via cameras in one turn, and I also could see some alien and civilian corpses via cameras. However, I can't see civilians via cameras (should I ?) - they may be out of "range" but are in line of sight. The camera on the top level doesn't seem to be working.
EDIT
Alien moving around clearly within range of camera on level 8. Should have seen it. Should probably have seen corpse near camera on level 5/4. On level 3/2, can see corpses, works. Also saw an alien in one turn via that camera. Never can see any civilians through the camera on level 1 near the control room, AFAICT they are near and visible from the camera point of view.
So, to summarize, all cameras except the one on the ground level (map level 3/4) don't seem to be working, and confirmed for the one on the top level. The alien spent quite a number of turns there.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 07:02:38 pm by anonymissimus »

Offline nick87720z

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2019, 03:15:36 pm »
Still actual.

Playing version:
commit dffd7956b8fa3ad49d2c2fbaf71afff445a90b84
Date:   Mon Jan 7 01:09:04 2019 +0100

First time i had two rooms - outside and inside, and i kept man in each. Second time (right now) i have only one (inner), and i exactly could notice taman by IR googles in 6 or so tiles from camera outside of rear stairs block, on 3rd floor, while man still was in security room. Even facing directly to screens doesn't help (but i remember, it worked some long time ago - i don't even remember, was it 2.6 or 2.5, when i first discovered this feature).
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 02:31:08 pm by nick87720z »