project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Soldier rank, kills stat, and face in battlescape screen.  (Read 2147 times)

Offline beng

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Soldier rank, kills stat, and face in battlescape screen.
« on: January 18, 2015, 09:40:01 am »
It would be useful to have soldier rank and kills in the battlescape screen so that you can more easily decide which soldier should take a shot, to give more experience to the inexperienced ones. I know you can see this in the health and stats window but it is a pain to click it for each soldier just to find out which ones need more experience. Perhaps the rank and kills number could be added to their name in the top left of the battlescape screen, there seems to be enough space for them there.

On another note the small pic of the soldier face in the top left of the battlescape screen is not really useful and could be removed. Once they start wearing nanocomposite armor their faces all look the same anyway. The only thing that face might be good for is if it shows if they are injured, like injured soldiers could have a really pained expression on their face or have a bloody nose or black eye, like the face in Castle Wolfenstein 3D or Doom II, but then this would have to show their face without armor covering it.

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Soldier rank, kills stat, and face in battlescape screen.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 02:50:40 pm »
Which version are you talking about ?
In 2.5 the info you are missing (number of kills, and rank as well I think) is shown in battlescope, maybe not the way you want it to though.
In 2.6 the kills got lost: http://ufoai.org/bugs/ufoalieninvasion/issues/5402

Offline beng

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 08:49:57 am »
I am talking about 2.5. To see the rank and kills info you have to click the health stats button which is a pain. It could be just put together with their name in the battlescape screen.

Offline Kaleh

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 12:31:11 pm »
When i click on the button, it stays on even when i switch the soldier. It stays that way until i close it again (keep it open at the end of the turn to know who got hit and is he bleeding).