project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Alien Containment room during base defence should have alive aliens  (Read 2436 times)

Offline beng

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Hi, I am playing 2.5. During base defence missions when the aliens come to my base, there is a tick box asking me to kill all the aliens in the containment. I have noticed that if I leave it unticked and do not kill the aliens, there are still no live aliens in the alien containment room during the mission (or are they there but the invading aliens have to enter the room to release them?).  Has anyone ever seen any stored live aliens in the alien containment room during base defence missions?

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Alien Containment room during base defence should have alive aliens
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 05:17:36 pm »
No. I also had an alien enter the room at times, without releasing his comrades from stasis, so I think this is not implemented or bugged and checking that option is certainly not worth it.
Would be a really huge problem for base defense missions anyway, in a large (filled) base. With the idiotic start layout where the containment is right besides the large hangar.
Together with the frequency my main base is attacked, maybe once in June and July and another time in September or October. Would be very hard to keep a number of live aliens.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 05:19:35 pm by anonymissimus »

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 08:11:43 pm »
i think it implemented and probably never will be. but i guess those alien would be without weapons. they would have to go to warehouse to pick up weapons.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 08:53:25 pm »
That is an unfinished feature, aliens will be able to free they mates once, and also give them weapons to fight. It is still on the roadmap.

-geever

Offline Kaleh

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 12:35:51 pm »
Ah thats why i se a button kill live aliens (of course i have none in the whole game-they are only good when dead)