project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Registration P***-**f  (Read 3928 times)

Offline DeifyDaZombies13

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Registration P***-**f
« on: December 07, 2015, 04:56:10 am »
So, while registering, i was required to spend almost half an hour looking up 'what game was created on june 28 2014, and though I knew the answer was obviously this game, it took me nearly half an hour to find out EXACTLY what I had to type in. The answer of course being 2.5
This sucked and has me wondering, is this really necessary, i mean, if a person is willing to register here, do they really need to be frustrated with such a minuscule obstacle?
 I searched and searched, and no, the answer is not spelled out in any google links. i had to go to news feed and back to june 2014. obviously i got it done, but i can't help but wonder how many people said f*** it and decided not to support your site for such a silly demand in the registration process. 
Just Saying, I think that little bonus question should be removed from the registration. its useless and unnecessarily  frustrating.

Offline DeifyDaZombies13

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Registration P***-**f
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 05:03:31 am »
 Ohhh Nice. All that crap to log in and the onlyway i can get into the forums is to go thru the link in my email. If I try a regular log-in, it says my username does not exist. So obviously i can't save my game in-game without a recognized username. WTF!

Offline DeifyDaZombies13

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 05:14:49 am »
 Finally got it figured out. Arrrrg registration!

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 06:41:50 am »
So, while registering, i was required to spend almost half an hour looking up 'what game was created on june 28 2014, and though I knew the answer was obviously this game, it took me nearly half an hour to find out EXACTLY what I had to type in. The answer of course being 2.5
This sucked and has me wondering, is this really necessary, i mean, if a person is willing to register here, do they really need to be frustrated with such a minuscule obstacle?
 I searched and searched, and no, the answer is not spelled out in any google links. i had to go to news feed and back to june 2014. obviously i got it done, but i can't help but wonder how many people said f*** it and decided not to support your site for such a silly demand in the registration process. 
Just Saying, I think that little bonus question should be removed from the registration. its useless and unnecessarily  frustrating.

Solid first post.

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 12:29:54 pm »
Other forums (e.g. wesnoth) use CAPTCHA. I usually need several trials too but it's not as frustrating.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 12:32:20 pm by anonymissimus »

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 10:17:14 am »
Another one requires to read and write the names of two of the tabs on top of the screen.

Offline hoiba

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 12:54:40 pm »
If someone doesn't master this hurdle, how should he fend of hordes of plasmablade wielding aliens  :-\