project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Game freezes/crashes on every stunned alien  (Read 4297 times)

Offline StripyDonkey

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Game freezes/crashes on every stunned alien
« on: October 05, 2014, 01:42:22 pm »
Hi,
I played 2.4 and loved it and am now trying 2.6 on my Mac, but although the gameplay is generally better than ever, I've come across a problem.

I downloaded and installed the latest binary linked to from the Mac forum: ufoai-2.6-dev-macosx-universal.dmg
I am using a MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, with 8 Gb 1333 MHz DDR3 and an AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512MB. I also have a Hybrid drive installed.
The OS is 10.9.4

Basically I can't take any prisoners. Any time an alien is stunned the mission will never end until I've tossed a grenade at the unconscious one and killed it. More recently I can't even do that, because almost every time I try to, the game freezes, and stays that way until I crash out. I have a currently saved game where this has happened on every attempt to play it (this time it's a cemetery map, but it has done the same on several others). 

Any ideas?

many thanks,

Rob

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Game freezes/crashes on every stunned alien
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 05:54:32 pm »
That was fixed since late May, what does the version says (at the bottom left of the main menu screen) maybe the build you are using is too old and doesn't have the fix, the one linked in this post claims to be based on early august code so it should include the fix, don't know if that's the one you are using...

Offline StripyDonkey

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 12:59:55 pm »
The version I has was http://ufoai.org/snapshots/ufoai-2.6-dev-macosx-universal.dmg and had a date on the menu screen of Jun 1 2014. I must admit that I didn't notice the link you pointed me to, but that is dated August and solves the problem. Thank you for taking the time to respond. There some incredible missions in there - one day I'll be happy to pay for this game.

Thanks again,

Rob

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 12:41:12 am »
You're welcome, I'm glad it's working for you now, happy hunting ;)

Offline tikaf

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 11:58:00 am »
Hello,

I do have the same version and issue as the gentleman who posted originally.
My issue is that the link you refer to as a patch is no longer available.
Is there any method by which I could have the game not freezing with stunned aliens? In my case, it appears aliens get stunned even when supposed to be dead (e.g. full blast of flamethrower on a Taman).

Thank you

FYI: I downloaded the dmg and nothing else apart from the required mac softs (I'm on OS 10.11)