project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Does adding a second missile battery in the same base improve its fire rate?  (Read 3328 times)

Offline IMBACORE

• Rookie
    • View Profile

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile

^Subject.

Please don't be lazy. ;)

But to answer the question you haven't asked: No, it doesn't increase the fire rate but you obviously firing two missiles at a time. The batteries are kinda independent and are at about the same spot. Delaying firing one of them (to get improved fire rate) doesn't sound like a good idea to me if I imagine I'm the base Commander and I want to get that UFO down before it reaches the base.

-geever

Offline XCOMTurcocalypse

• Rookie
    • View Profile

Please don't be lazy. ;)

But to answer the question you haven't asked: No, it doesn't increase the fire rate but you obviously firing two missiles at a time. The batteries are kinda independent and are at about the same spot. Delaying firing one of them (to get improved fire rate) doesn't sound like a good idea to me if I imagine I'm the base Commander and I want to get that UFO down before it reaches the base.

-geever

Not to mention each launch will make your location known slightly.

Offline Nomad

• Rookie
    • View Profile
What does "A second missile battery" mean? Does it mean building a new facility on the base? Or is it possible to add several launchers into one existing facility?

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Base space is precious. Better build external batteries on (almost) the same spot. This also should not reveal your base as for the AI they are independent objects. And those are so weak that it's never possible to destroy any UFO before it can reach the base, that only works with Stingray and antimatter missiles. Which means you need to lure the UFO back into firing range many times, and that seems to reveal the base positions (launching and landing interceptors, as with supply ships for alien bases)

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
What does "A second missile battery" mean? Does it mean building a new facility on the base? Or is it possible to add several launchers into one existing facility?

Yes it means more buildings.

-geever