project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Tactics guide at ufopaedia.org  (Read 7014 times)

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Tactics guide at ufopaedia.org
« on: September 03, 2014, 01:07:48 pm »
A long while ago, the good folks at ufopaedia.org agreed to add a listing for our game. I did some initial scaffolding and wrote a few articles in preparation for 2.5's release. But unfortunately I had to move on from the project before very much was done.

Recently, I've noticed a lot of tactics discussion in the forum. Although very incomplete, the guide still provides some valuable information -- especially the articles on Squad Composition and Reaction Fire.

The strategy guides at ufopaedia.org are all wikis. I hoped that this could be the go-to source for strategy information, maintained by the community of players, so that the developers don't have to be responsible for maintaining it. I wanted to get more in place to kick it off, but that probably won't happen. So, players, please have a look at the guides of others games, then use, update and extend the guide. Too much of the information on the forums is fragmentary, incorrect, obsolete and scattered across years of posts.

Strategy guide at ufopaedia.org

Offline Machiavegli

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Tactics guide at ufopaedia.org
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 03:54:20 am »
I think some people may be getting skeert off by virus-checking programs like Symantec setting off "BAD SITE! BAD SITE!" alarms when accessing ufopaedia.org.  :o  I found a post on this forum saying it's a false positive, and that people have been using ufopaedia.org for a long time with no problems.  FWIW, I've started using it despite the screaming warnings from Symantec and nothing has happened to me.