project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Need vehicle/gun models?  (Read 4750 times)

Offline MechaStalin

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Need vehicle/gun models?
« on: September 27, 2007, 03:34:24 pm »
Hi, I just picked up this game recently through a post on another forum and have been enjoying it a lot, I've noticed you guys are always looking for new models and I decided to offer my help as I've never been much of a high poly modeler but lower poly stuff I've liked doing. I imagine you guys are looking for futuristic style vehicle models to use as the player controlled vehicles but what do you need exactly? I'd imagine you would need some sort of light, medium, and heavy vehicle but if you have specifics I'd be willing to follow them, otherwise I'll just get creative. :)

I'd also be interested in doing some new human firearms models if you'd like, but I've never been much of a texturer so I may need some help on that aspect.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Need vehicle/gun models?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 03:43:43 pm »
Hi, I just picked up this game recently through a post on another forum and have been enjoying it a lot, I've noticed you guys are always looking for new models and I decided to offer my help as I've never been much of a high poly modeler but lower poly stuff I've liked doing. I imagine you guys are looking for futuristic style vehicle models to use as the player controlled vehicles but what do you need exactly? I'd imagine you would need some sort of light, medium, and heavy vehicle but if you have specifics I'd be willing to follow them, otherwise I'll just get creative. :)

I'd also be interested in doing some new human firearms models if you'd like, but I've never been much of a texturer so I may need some help on that aspect.
Hi there. Glad you're willing to help.

For human vehicles, we need something like these:
http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=1351.msg8671#msg8671
http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=1633.msg8829#msg8829
Exactly like those, in fact. They are the Ares (formerly Triax) UGVs and the Phoenix UGV, by sitters.

As for firearms, we have a rough plan for an alien weapon called the needler gun that is a projectile weapon based on monomolecular blades. Maybe you could come up with a model for that?

Offline MechaStalin

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 11:19:38 pm »
Hmm, when you say exactly like those do you mean the same general ideal, a turreted tank with wheeled, hover, and a tracked version or an exact copy of the model?

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 11:22:19 pm »
I mean we've already got them. Though they still need to be animated.

Offline MechaStalin

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 01:04:39 am »
Damn, I had some nice ideas in my head. :(

But I'll look into guns, I might do a few updated models of current weapons as well perhaps as an alternative pack or something.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 08:58:49 am »
to be honest it would be cooler if you could create new weapons. because i think that there are still a few items in winters and btaxis' heads that are not yet modelled, maybe they can provide you with extra info about the weapon type, look and feel and so on.

Offline Winter

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 11:28:13 am »
Hmm, when you say exactly like those do you mean the same general ideal, a turreted tank with wheeled, hover, and a tracked version or an exact copy of the model?

For future UGVs, we'd want whatever is required by the concept, really. This can vary, but so far the only UGV concepts we've got are reconnaissance and weapons platform. :P

Speaking of, we still need a small and light human reconnaissance drone. Very basic and cheap, no armour or anything. Just some cameras, a battery pack, a small radio antenna and a bunch of exposed wiring. Maybe different versions with different modes of locomotion -- i.e. a wheeled version and one with helicopter blades.

Quick question -- do you also UV/texture or just model? And do you animate at all?

Regards,
Winter

Offline MechaStalin

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 12:13:53 pm »
For future UGVs, we'd want whatever is required by the concept, really. This can vary, but so far the only UGV concepts we've got are reconnaissance and weapons platform. :P

Speaking of, we still need a small and light human reconnaissance drone. Very basic and cheap, no armour or anything. Just some cameras, a battery pack, a small radio antenna and a bunch of exposed wiring. Maybe different versions with different modes of locomotion -- i.e. a wheeled version and one with helicopter blades.

Quick question -- do you also UV/texture or just model? And do you animate at all?

Regards,
Winter

Sounds interesting, might try my hand at one. I'm also up for modelling some new weapons although I'm not sure how good I'd be at doing alien weapons. I can UV map but I haven't done it in a loooong time, making textures I'm really bad at though.